So: improving, but still not 100%.
Monday, January 14: Walking: 30:00
- in and out of CCSP
Ice Skating: ~15:00
- or trying to on the res
- Really wanted to try and do some core work too, but I'm exhausted. Didn't sleep well last night and am falling asleep in front of the couch. Still, I was active today and I'll take it.
Tuesday, January 15: Bike: 6.18 mi in 32:47; avg cad 77, 11.31 mph
- Spinervals 23.0 Time Saver I; workout a: technique
- 21.4 mph max; 154 max cad
- fatigue set in on rep 4 of the 1-legged drill work
- highest cad yet on this one; may be due to lack of trainer resistance
- Felt good to do this, but oh man am I hacking a lot now. Still figuring out this trainer resistance thing ... last time I did this workout on 1/1, I had a higher speed, more mileage, but not as high as a max cad.
Wednesday, January 16: Swim: 900m in 18:51.67 - 2:06/100m
- 3x50m, 2x100m, 1x200m, 2x100m, 3x50m
- 1st 3 50s: :52.70, :54, :57
- 1st 100m in 2:05 - hit wall
- last 3 50s: all in :58
- lots and lots of rest
Lift: 27:00, Mark Allen phase one
- 1/12/50 lat pulldowns; 1/15/60 leg extensions; 1/15/60 leg curls; 1/15/45 bench press; 1/15 squats; 1/15/5 lat db raises; 1/15/12.5 calf raises; 1/15/5 db pullovers; 1/15 backward lunges; 1/15/20 bicep curls; 1/15/8 tricep extensions; 1/15/130 leg press
- upon further review, we may still be in phase 1 ...
- this hurt. a lot. ow. random under left shoulder blade pain during bench press.
- Sprinty 50s! Not doing much for the distance sets, but I'm hoping it'll translate eventually. Today was a bit rough. Little bit of a cough (damn bike) that is a bit of a hindrance, but felt great.
Thursday, January 17: Off - sick
- Cough came back to a point where my scheduled workout (a run) wasn't going to happen. So, took the time to rest. Sucks, but I need to get healthy.
Friday, January 18: Bike: 8.4 mi in 38:10; avg cad 72, 13.21 mph
- 26.4 mph max
- CCSP and back
- definite chill in the air - awful headwind on way out of park. aero bars help, but being out of shape and kinda sick doesn't. :(
- Cough is back. Awful. Probably aggravated it badly with that ride (will we see the return of bronchitis?), but it was 60 freaking degrees out! Totally fine switching today's workout with Sunday's to get some outside bike time in.
Saturday, January 19: Lift: Core, 8:00
- 3/10 supermans; 3/15 crunches; 3/45 bicycle crunches
- sweet and simple
- Not really what I wanted to do today, but running in my condition is not wise. So, since I know I need to do core work, why not?
Sunday, January 20: Lift: 25:00, Mark Allen phase one
- 1/15/60 lat pulldowns; 1/15/55 leg extensions; 1/15/60 leg curls; 1/15/45 bench press; 1/15 squats; 1/15/5 lat db raises; 1/15/15 calf raises; 1/15/5 db pullovers; 1/15 backward lunges; 1/15/20 bicep curls; 1/15/8 tricep extensions; 1/15/130 leg press
- not as fatigued as last time, but i also didn't swim beforehand. upped the weight a bit on the leg extensions.
- Waited too long so didn't end up swimming. Can't do that in the future, but since I'm still recovering, I'll condone it. For now. Also attempted to foam roll shoulder out ...
That shoulder (almost under the left shoulder blade) has been bothering me all week. Part of it is probably because I've spent the night on the futon a lot this week due to the hacking cough of death (poor Brandon can't deal with me). I'm hoping as this cough goes away and I get back to sleeping normally, so will the shoulder pain. If not, though ... going to try tennis ball rolling it out and if that doesn't work ... suck it up and pay for a massage. Don't want it turning in to something worse.
Weekly training time: 3:14:49
Weekly training mileage: 15.14 mi
Yearly training time: 5:02:48
Yearly training mileage: 25.82 mi