What exactly does that mean? When should you do when you get a really sour citrus fruit? Well...let's see...you can make lemonade (duh), add a garnish to your water, use the peel to make lemon chicken, etc. etc. etc.
Someone told me that exact phrase when I told them I was a little bummed about about my next step in life. You see, I got hired by Republic Airlines, which is the very same company that shut down the current company I work for, Lynx Aviation. I start training in two days...on a Saturday. Who starts training on a Saturday? I have to go to Indianapolis for 10 days, leaving my fiancee and other member of Team Baby Dinosaur back in Denver. I am going to be leaving my bike and pool behind. So yeah, I'm a little bummed out.
But...when life gives you lemons, right? Let's see what I can do with the lemons that have been given me:
- I get continuously paid...in other words, no unemployment, no missed time, etc.
- I am still going to be a pilot, which is really the only thing I know how to do in the professional world
- if airline training goes as fast as planned, I should still make my races this season
- I have the potential to get based in Denver
- I get to fly some pretty cool equipment
- I will still be running; training gives you a lot of downtime, which gives you a lot of time to think
- My sim partner and friend from Lynx is also coming over with me
So there are a lot of positives to take away...I just hope I can keep focused on those