Saturday, April 17, 2010

Musings

First off, I have run nearly 15 miles this week, easily my highest mileage total for the week. Surprisingly, I feel good. More on that tomorrow.

T and I were discussing triathletes and the importance of each leg. We were trying to figure out what is the most important leg of the event to do well in? Obviously you want to do well in all three, but if there was one leg of the three that you wanted to go the best, which one?

Me, personally, I'd want the swim to go the best. Not the best in terms of time, but the best in terms of feeling good and getting your triathlon off on the right foot. The swim basically sets the tone for the rest of your tri. You need to make it speedy to ensure you make the cutoff (in 140.6 and 70.3 events) yet you need to conserve energy to make sure you have the strength to finish your bike and run.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment