Monday, February 25, 2013

Week Eight: 2/18-2/24

Week eight was not good.

Monday, February 18: Off: tired
- Last week exhausted me. I now see why a lot of training plans have Mondays as off days.

Tuesday, February 19: Run: 2.9 mi in 29:02.72 - 10:01/mi
- BRC-DTC I love to run ... run
- vomity
- Was hoping to lift today too, but didn't happen. Hit a wall around 3, 3:30p; 3 days of opens will do that to me. Had to nap. Vomitness during run was probably due to crappy food choices this afternoon. Ugh.

Wednesday, February 20: Bike: 15.21 mi in 59:51; 84 avg cad; 15.25 mph
- 40.4 mph max
- Spinervals 27.0 - Threshold Test and Suffer Fest
- saddle tweaks helped
- least favorite Spinervals thus far
Swim: 600m in 13:45.22 - 2:17/100m
- 6x100m
- never really got going
- Shoulder (right) really bugged me throughout both workouts. Tried to work it out in the pool, but no dice. Must have slept on it wrong in the course of the 12! hours I got last night. Hoped to do 800m in the water, but decided to scale back so I can hopefully do 1200 tomorrow.

Thursday, February 21: Off: tired
- So I realized that we've pretty much taken two off days every week. Our bodies are still easing into this again. So when I get days like this where I'm so damn tired, I don't (well, I'm trying not to) feel guilty.

Friday, February 22: Lift: 40:00; Mark Allen phase two
- 2/12/60 lat pulldowns; 2/12/60 leg extensions; 2/12/60 leg curls; 2/12/45 bench press; 2/12 squats; 2/12/5 lat db raises; 2/12/15 calf raises; 2/12/5 db pullovers; 2/12 backward lunges; 2/12/20 bicep curls; 2/12/10 tricep extensions; 2/12/130 leg press
- little rough - can tell it's been almost a week between sessions
- Was hoping to do more, but with a guest in town, I'm happy I got *something* in.

Saturday, February 23: Off: guest
- Up late night before (and up early day prior) means not being able to wake up early for a workout. Then, needing to play tour guide doesn't really leave time for it. Someday we'll learn ... guests and working out don't mix unless the guests are athletically inclined.

Sunday, February 24: Off: tired/snow
- Blizzard hit Denver. Plus didn't have a large chance to even try that morning before I had to leave for work (early). Having a guest threw this week out of whack anyway, but was last week too big for us (right now)? Is that why we apparently needed the recovery?

The question I pose on Sunday is ultimately my wonder about what happened this week. We knew we had a guest coming in town and planned accordingly so we could get a week's worth of workouts in. I don't want to blame this week on our guest at all - it's not her fault. Due to the reason she came in (hockey games), we were up a lot later than our typical bedtime (i ended up being awake for ... 21? hours on friday) and lack of sleep and lack of a consistent sleep schedule really does screw with us I'm realizing.

Weekly Training Time: 2:22:39
Weekly Training Mileage: 18.48 mi
Yearly Training Time: 22:22:36
Yearly Training Mileage: 135.13 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment