Biggest week to date ... which is nice, after the slow start it had.
Monday, February 11: Off: lack of sleep
- Three, 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before and up at 3:30 does not make me coherent enough to do really anything. Back at it tomorrow, I promise.
Tuesday, February 12: Bike: 7.1 mi in 32:52; avg cad 82, 12.96 mph
- 25.9 mph max, 169 max cad
- Spinervals 23.0 Time Saver I: workout A: technique
- had to talk myself (and had Brandon talk me) into getting on the bike. Bob and I are not getting along right now ...
- Ever since that failed over-unders set, I have dreaded getting on the bike. We had a discussion about the lack of (bike) motivation beforehand and we decided the best thing to do would be to just suck it up and get on the bike. Totally helped with Brandon being there.
Wednesday, February 13: Lift: 34:00, Mark Allen phase 2
- 2/12/60 lat pulldowns; 2/12/60 leg extensions; 2/12/60 leg curls; 2/12/45 bench press; 2/12 squats; 2/12/5 lat db raises; 2/12/15 calf raises; 2/12/5 db pullovers; 2/12 backward lunges; 2/12/20 bicep curls; 2/12/8 tricep extensions; 2/12/130 leg press
- struggled a little bit; evident I've been slacking on lifting a bit
- Did this early in hopes of swimming or something later, but gastro issues for both of us forced us to take the night off. And this is why we work out in the AM ...
Thursday, February 14: Off: snow
- Snow should not be an excuse. But when life was in theory supposed to be strapped for time and it's windy, cold and snowy ... Screw it. Just got in the preferred Valentine's Day workout, if you know what I mean.
Friday, February 15: Swim: 800m in 19:45.02 - 2:28/100m
- 2x100m, 400m, 2x100m
- almost puked near the end of this
- brownies before this? Were a baaad idea.
Lift: 25:00, Mark Allen phase 2
- 2/12/50 lat pulldowns; 2/12/60 leg extensions; 2/12/60 leg curls; 2/12/45 bench press; 2/12 squats; 2/12/5 lat db raises; 2/12/15 calf raises; 2/12/5 db pullovers; 2/12 backward lunges; 2/12/20 bicep curls; 2/12/8 tricep extensions; 2/12/130 leg press
- powered through this
- got pukey near the end
- Never, ever, EVER eating brownies before a workout again. So close to puking at so many points. Swimming was a horrible struggle. Definitely embraced the suck today ... a suck of my own creation.
Saturday, February 16: Run: 4 mi in 40:11.64 - 10:03/mi
- BRC-DTC Saturday (donut!) run from the store
- oh god the hills ... walked almost all of mile four
Bike: 25.08 mi in 1:51:17; avg cad 85, 13.52 mph
- 20 mph max
- Spinervals On the Road - Tempe training ride
- my bike seat is no longer comfortable
-The run went surprisingly well. The ride ... well, let's just say I'm glad IMAZ is 9 months away so I have a lot of time to get mentally tougher.
Sunday, February 17: Swim: 1400m in 32:40.64 - 2:19/100m
- 2x100m, 200m pb, 200m fins, 600m, 2x100m
- part of this felt really awesome ... after the first 500m, maybe?
Lift: 16:00, core
- 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/10 captain's chair; 3/15/12 med ball twists; 3/15 ball crunches; 3/10/6 bosu med ball tosses
- woo low blood sugar on the back extensions
- felt great
- Another great day. I am eating everything in sight. This can't be good. Still 170, btw, but I look better in the mirror.
Our friend Kris texted me today. "Sooooo ... what will YOU be doing 9 months from today? ;)" I texted back, "Crossing a finish line!" I almost typed in "hopefully crossing a finish line," but for me, there is no hopefully. I know I've said that my ultimate Ironman goal is to finish, but I'm thinking in positive terms. If I put in the work, I will finish. This week, I learned I have a long way to go ... not only in terms of the mental battle (although I did hear that the course isn't nearly as boring as the DVD makes it out to be) but also in the physical (my lady bits are soooore).
Weekly training time: 5:11:46
Weekly training mileage: 37.55 mi
Yearly training time: 19:59:57
Yearly training mileage: 116.65 mi