Week six: otherwise known as the week of exhaustion ... wait, strike that, recovery. Let's go with recovery.
Monday, February 4: Off: tiiiiired
- My body wanted this ... particularly since I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before. I'm trying to be better at resting when I need it ...
Tuesday, February 5: Swim: 1200m in 28:34.56 - 2:22/100m
- 100 wu, 200 pb, 200 fins, 400m, 200m, 100 cd
- must have done something different with the pull buoy because my abs hurt a lot after that set!
Run: 4.26 mi in 40:00 - 9:23/mi
- MX12 treadmill set
- little tougher than last time
- Tired today. Sort of forced it, but it felt good. Really liking this swim/treadmill instead of the standard swim/lift. Subtle but great way to shake things up.
Wednesday, February 6: Lift: 41:00, Mark Allen phase 2
- 2/12/60 lat pulldowns; 2/12/61 leg extensions; 2/12/60 leg curls; 2/12/45 bench press; 2/12 squats; 2/12/5 lat db raises; 2/12/15 calf raises; 2/12/5 db pullovers; 2/12 backward lunges; 2/12/20 bicep curls; 2/12/8 tricep extensions; 2/12/130 leg press
- back es sore!
- Was going to trainer it today too, but decided to hang out with my mrrmrr instead. Plus, I don't have to work tomorrow so it'll be nice to double up on my off day. This soreness may be due to some solid training - sweet! Getting to the point of constant achiness! Love it!
Thursday, February 7: Bike: 2.74 mi in 9:54; avg cad 80; 16.61 mph
- 37.5 mph max
- aborted MX12 over-unders set
- couldn't breathe so stopped
- Was hoping to run as well to salvage the day, but ugh. This is totally ending up as a recovery week. Also thinking I must not have done the over-unders correctly the first time because good Jesus these hurts so much more.
Friday, February 8: Run: 2.39 mi in 24:38.08 - 10:18/mi
- neighborhood loop
- slight knee/shin pain in left leg.
- Original thought today was a swim/lift, but since today may be the last good weather day this week ... decided to get out and run. Tricky to do (ugh, tired), but glad I went.
Saturday, February 9: Off: ugh
- Woke up kinda late and was not with it. Tried talking myself into a workout but it just didn't happen.
Sunday, February 10: Off: don't even know.
- I had every single intention of getting on the trainer today. I had the time ... but I just couldn't do it. This ended up being a recovery week and I think I really needed it. Plus my sleep has been crap lately.
The overarching theme this week was "tired." I was physically exhausted most of this week. The technique work in the pool made my back and core sore for days. The failed over-unders set affected me greatly and I have barely even wanted to touch my bike since.
Weekly training time: 2:24:07
Weekly training mileage: 10.14 mi
Yearly training time: 14:48:11
Yearly training mileage: 79.10 mi