Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Round-Up

Well, before doing the monthly totals, I should finish with my 30for30 update.

Long story short, challenge fail. Let's catch up from where I last left you ...

March 24: Run - 3.48 mi in 34:12.45
March 25: Swim - 1400m in 34:58.53
March 26: off - exhausted
March 27: off - work got in the way
March 28: Cycle - 10.83 mi in 44:36
March 29: off - passed out on the couch after work
March 30: Lift - 23:00
March 31: Run - 3.48 mi in 33:56.02

I think this month ended up wearing on me. I think doing the challenge was ultimately good because it helped me FINALLY build a base, something I've been kinda sorta trying to do for the past few years. However, I don't think I was honestly strong enough to do this to begin with. Good idea, but ultimately flawed for me.

That being said, the challenge did give me the kick in the ass I needed. This month's numbers? Were huge.

Running: 33.59 mi
Swimming: 5.62 mi
Cycling: 83.22 mi
Lifting: eight sessions
Other: three yoga sessions, one logged walk (plus several others)

I'm still trying to crack longer distances in running, but this unseasonable heat is just WEIRD and I'm not used to it yet. I'm working on it, but it's tricky.

That being said, longer distances shall be run this month as I've officially signed up for the 5mi race part of the Cherry Creek Sneak and will be signing up for the BolderBOULDER 10K ... probably within the next few weeks.

If this weather continues (all signs point to "yes," unfortunately. dang drought), hopefully April will bring as much progress ... with a slight break in plans for us to eat our way through Boston and watch our friend Kris run the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment