Saturday, March 3, 2012

February Round-Up

I still have my Chilly Cheeks #3 report to do and I'm aiming to get that out this week.

February is a short month (this year a little longer than usual, but still) and it was good in some respects and bad in others.

Before I explain, numbers!

Running: 14.28 mi
Swimming: 3.11 mi
Cycling: 26.32 mi
Lifting: six sessions
Other: two yoga sessions, one stint of geocaching*

- I ran a mile more than January. Improvement, yes, but totally not enough.
- Cycling miles went down, but the weather also got a lot crappier. That being said, I've started getting on the trainer - as hard as it's been - and I know that will help me get miles in when it's cold and windy and blah.
- Swimming went up a lot which I'm SUPER happy with.
- Lifting, while more than January, tapered off by the end of the month, which I'm not happy with.
- Yoga fell off by the wayside (boo) and I didn't have a lot of variety.

While February was better than January in some respects, it still leaves a lot of room for improvement in March, particularly for running. I have a goal of getting back to a 28:00 5K and as much as it pains me to say it about an early-season race, the BAA 5K I hope to do will probably be my best opportunity. It's in Boston (therefore at sea level) and, depending on where they take the course (and even if not), it will undoubtedly be a hell of a lot flatter than what I run around here.

I'm already off to a decent start in March - just under 8 miles of running and 19 miles on the bike three days in - and I really aim to keep it going.

*I don't necessarily think of geocaching as all that physical, but if BeginnerTriathlete lets me log it, then I will, dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment