Better week. Didn't quite get the volume I wanted, but I was spent by the end of the week, and I think that's what matters.
Monday, March 18: Bike: 17.10 mi in 1:03:12; avg cad 88; 16.23 mph
- 22.6 mph max
- most of the Spinervals Tempe training ride
- went easier than last time, but hooha made me stop
- I've heard of people reading while on the trainer, so I figured my nook and the Tempe training ride would be a great combination ... and they were, until the discomfort happened. At least it was after the turnaround and a good hour into the workout.
Tuesday, March 19: Run: 2.39 mi in 24:03.01 - 10:03/mi
- neighborhood loop
- shortened due to ass cold windiness
- happy I wore my SkirtSports vest
- Not much, but we gt it done early and out of the way and ended up enjoying the day together and sometimes, that's equally as important.
Wednesday, March 20: Off: exhaustion
- Was planning on swimming and lifting after I unwound a bit after work ... and I ended up falling asleep. Apparently my body decided that today was a rest day.
Thursday, March 21: Run: 3.95 mi in 41:30.13 - 10:30/mi
- amended out and back
- lead legs and chilly air
- Learning that running after an off day just doesn't work. Not sure why: cycling and swimming are fine. Maybe if we add in a warm-up on runs after off days, and the lead legs can be avoided ...? Things to test out. Love learning things in training!
Friday, March 22: Swim: 900m in 21:16.31 - 2:21/100m
- 100m, 200m, 150m, 150m, 200m, 100m
- watch issues
- Pool was so crowded, but had no choice due to work. Frustration kept us just to a swim and plans for a later lift were scrapped in favor of college hockey. Go BU!
Saturday, March 23: Swim: 1600m in 37:34.54 - 2:21/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m
- sore shoulders
- 3/12 captain's chair; 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/12/10 incline db flies; 3/8/120 w.a. dips; 3/10/120 standing calf; 3/15/12 med ball twists; 3/10 bosu squats; 3/10/5 lat db bosu raises; 3/10/8 bosu bicep curls; 3/19/6 bosu med ball tosses
- yay strength!
Decided to lift tonight and not run - will treadmill it tomorrow. Totally okay with this decision.
Sunday, March 24: Run: 4.5 mi in 41:15 - 9:10/mi
- MX12 Treadmill set
- 8:40 seeming ... easy??!?
Bike: 7.25 mi in 34:03; avg cad 87; 12.78 mph
- 21.4 mph max
- aborted Tempe training ride
- fine until big/15 ... then legs revolted
- Great run ... and then a very disappointing bike. My legs wanted no more of what I was trying to give them. Still, good week overall - 3 runs, 2 swims, 1 lift and 2 rides. Just wish ride #2 was better.
I think I summed this week up well in Sunday's notes.
Weekly training time: 4:53:54
Weekly training mileage: 37.74 mi
Yearly training time: 39:03:32
Yearly training mileage: 253.14 mi