Not as big as last week and a bit more of a struggle to get in the hours.
Monday, March 4: Off: tired
- Exhausted - it just wasn't going to happen. Am okay with it so I can hopefully do something tomorrow on open numero tres.
Tuesday, March 5: Lift: 40:00
- 3/10/120 w.a. dips; 3/10, 8, 5/45, 55, 65 bench press; 3/10/12 incline db flies; 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/10/5 front db raises; 3/10/6 med ball bosu tosses; 3/10 bosu squats; 2/10 bosu lunges
- screw you, Mark Allen!
- enjoyed this, but the bench press is gonna huuurrt
- Ideally wanted to swim, too, but I really should know better on open #3 ... which means I shouldn't take my off days on #2. Live and learn ... Also said peace out to the M.A. lifting plan because quite frankly, we were bored with it and would like to avoid burnout of any type this year.
Wednesday, March 6: Run: 3.95 mi in 39:16.71 - 9:56/mi
- partial 3.48 amended to out-and-back
- cold to start; warmed up nicely
- downhill bomb made legs springy ... first in a while!
Bike: 5.71 mi in 25:38; avg cad 74; 13.37 mph
- 32.9 mph max
- CCSP and back
- horrible, horrible headwinds
- ouch I'm sore
- Run was kind of nice - actually enjoyed it for the most part and that type of speed right now? Nice. The ride though ... I almost feel as if it would have been better if we hadn't gone - it went that shitty. Oh well ... got out there, right?
Thursday, March 7: Off: mental fail
- For whatever reason, the brain could not convince he body to move. Really wanted to swim/lift, but nope. Not happening.
Friday, March 8: Swim: 1600m in 36:47.86 - 2:17/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m
- partially to see if I could right now, and what it was like in regards to a time
- lent another swimmer goggles
- 3/10 captain's chair; 3/10/20 low rows; 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/10/12 incline db flies; 3/10/10 bicep curls; 3/10/5 lat db raises; 3/10/120 w.a. dips; 1, 2/10/135, 120 standing calf; 3/12/12 med ball twists; 3/10 bosu squats
- not as much legs as I would have liked
- Well, this made up for not doing this yesterday I guess. Back to 175 - either it's muscle or I need to tweak the diet again. Or both. Or it's still cold and my body wants to naturally hang on to the fluff. Maybe I need to not weigh myself until May ...
Saturday, March 9: Dance: ~25:00 of Irish step dancing
- watching YouTube videos
- prepping for RunCO's Tuesday party
- Had grand schemes of doing a workout before and after work, but obviously that didn't happen. So, since I knew I wanted to prep for the Irish run party (and try to win my weight in beer) AND wanted to do a few non-tri workouts this month, I figured this would suffice.
Sunday, March 10: Bike: 7.17 mi in 32:49; avg cad 82; 13.11 mph
- 27.2 mph max; 157 max cad
- Spinervals 23.0 Time Saver I; workout A: technique
- self-explanatory today
Run: 4.29 mi in 40:15; 9:22/mi
- MX12 treadmill set
- totally burping up my burger from lunch still
- treadmill fail in the middle of the set
- TOTALLY did not want to run today, but I did and I'm kinda glad. That being said, I may not want to eat a burger (or one that big) for quite some time. Urp.
That burger (eaten at 1:45p-ish; ran at 5:30p) as well as the whole weight thing really solidified to me that I need to get back on the cleaner-eating train. I've slipped up as I've been working out more (hungry a lot; horrible, horrible food choices at my job) and that can't happen. I also know I need to wait until summer and fresh fruit and it'll make my life easier, too.
Weekly training time: 4:15:49
Weekly training mileage: 22.12 mi
Yearly training time: 31:29:31
Yearly training mileage: 196.06 mi