Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty-Four

Week Thirty-Four: 8.19-8.25

In which my body gives me the hard stop and taper starts a bit early, much to my dismay.

8.19

A slow, steady three mile run and then I actually finally got in the pool again for 2900. That swim was a struggle bus and a half, but whatever.

8.20

I had 30-50 miles on tap and I got in just over 30. Seriously okay with it at this point.

8.21

My final long run of 22 miles. The plan was to run from my house to the parents' ... but I missed a turn somewhere off the Highline. I was holding sub-12 until around 16 miles ... but I think my frustration got to me as my pace went to hell. I ended up somewhere waaaaay far away from home, though, and got in a little over 22.

2019_aug22miler
A very dead jump shot after I got picked up and we headed to get coffee.

8.22

I had a 40-60 mile ride on tap as well as a 4.9k swim ... yeeeahhh, I got in 24 miles on the trainer. At this point, I could tell my body was probably crying out for taper (partially because I had/have been sleeping like crap), but I knew I had a long ride and a long swim left and I wanted to try like hell to get them both in ...

8.23

In which I should have in theory gotten in my last 100-120 mile ride in as well as a four mile run.

I got in 72 miles. I tried to run and my body just said NOPE. I guess this is taper ...

8.24

Did I do my long swim? Nope. Too damn exhausted. Just my daily.

8.25

I tried so hard to get everything in today. I had a double Bluffs loop run planned; I got to the Bluffs and realized that there was a trail race going on there that same day and I didn't want to interfere with that ... so I decided to go swim instead. I managed 500m. I felt like I was swimming through a fog ... and decided it was wisest to quit.

*****

When your body gives you the signs, it is smartest to listen before it will stop you FOR you (spoiler alert for next week's recap). I am so utterly thankful I got in a massive week two weeks ago, as that ended up being my true peak week. I am hopeful that I am prepared enough right now ...

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 3400m, 1:17:17
Bike: 128.92 mi, 8:08:28
Run: 25.34 mi, 5:17:01
Strength: 1:03

No comments:

Post a Comment