Friday, August 16, 2019

Race #5 of the Season: Pancake Stampede 5K

I kept getting emails for this race (as well as the Donut Dash, which, if you recall, we raced last year in April, but got moved to August this year. Apparently.) and as I had a 3 miler on the schedule ... well ... we all know I run for food.

I made the decision to race after online registration had closed, so it was up early on Sunday to drive to Hudson Gardens for on-site registration. Even though the shirt cracked me up, I didn't feel like getting it ... and then the race becomes super affordable at $20 (with running and then all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausage after). 

Hung out for an hour until the race started, wandering a little around the gardens, before it was time to line up.

The first part of the race was a little annoying as we all got funneled over some bridges that were not meant for that type of crowd, but we got spread out as we left Hudson Gardens and got onto the Platte River trail.

As we live further north in Denver, I hadn't seen that part of the Platte in several years and they definitely installed some new fancy signage. Trail seems about the same though.

Miles were a little short (Garmin had 3.05 mi), but they ticked by fairly quickly.

The accumulated weekly fatigue started kicking in in the last mile, but I was still able to drop my pace a nice 3:00/mi to do my pseudo-customary sprint to the finish.

pancake_stampede
Photo courtesy SSPRD. I'm back there in the teal tank top and white hat.

Final Stats:
Time: 31:01.97
24/58 AG (F30-39)
75/197 gender
156/348 overall

For a nice, steady training run? I'll take it.

Plus the all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausage afterward as part of Littleton's Western Welcome Week totally made it worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment