Friday, August 2, 2019

July Round Up

Well, I kind of failed on my main goal for July. Read on ...

Swimming: 29366.37m (18.25 mi)
Cycling: 289.86 mi
Running: 65.11 mi
Strength: 31 sessions (4:59)
Other: two hikes (3:30)

I was recovering really well after CdA ... and then I did my birthday 10k swim. Which I did! And it was great! But ... it was not exactly the smartest thing to do less than a week after a 70.3 (or at least in my position) as it delayed my recovery another week or so.

I knew swimming would be a bit down in June - and it was - but I did get a bit more open water in, so I'm happy for that.

Cycling ... ugh. I cut both a 70 miler and a 90-100 miler down to around 60 miles. I don't know what it is about the bike right now but it is a struggle. It might be mental - "oh I remember what I hated about IM training - the long rides" - so I'm going into the rides with a cranky attitude. Regardless, I need to figure it out and badly.

Running was a bit more down than I think I was hoping, but I've gotten in my last two long runs at least, so yay?

I didn't do any yoga like I'd hoped, but I did get a massage in. And we hiked twice and it was amazing and holy crap do I miss it.

August is mostly peak, so we'll see what it ends up looking like ...

No comments:

Post a Comment