Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty-Two

Week Thirty-Two: 8.5 to 8.11

In which I finally nail a huge week of training. 

8.5

Soooo my swimming actually got all shoved to the end of the week, but I did head to the Bluffs and get my hill repeats in. It was a little rough, but not bad.

8.6

Swapped my rides (slept), but once again, nailed my Troy TimeTrialPalooza workout. I'm realizing again why I like that workout.

8.7

Long run day. Started about 90 minutes later than I would have liked, but still got in my 18. It was long, and hard, and humid, and got hot ... but DONE.

This also meant I was too exhausted to swim, but eh.

2019_aug18miler
Probably taken about 11-12 miles in. Which is probably why I look like I'm barely running.

8.8

Long ride day. In theory I was supposed to open water beforehand, but knowing how terrible that idea was two weeks ago ... I just decided to get on the bike. Goal was 90 miles; I kind of did 96. Oops. But! It went well, all things considered, and I did hella climbing at the beginning and then loops of the most rolling crap I could find.

8.9

Finally did an easy/hard/easy run again - 5 miles - and nailed it.

I also finally got in the pool and did a simple 2500. Scary how that's now my "short" swim of the week ...

8.10

Was supposed to do 40-50 on the bike ... my legs finally gave up and I got in a little over 30. Given that I went over on my long ride though ... whatever, I'll take it.

2019_augcreekride

Also went to the pool and got in the 3800m swim I was supposed to do earlier in the week.

8.11

In theory, today should have been the 5-miler I did on Friday ... but there was a 5K pancake run I kept getting emails for ... so I did that instead. I didn't really race it, but did keep it fairly steady. And it was probably faster than if I had done it on my own, so there's that.

Proceeded to crash for like three hours after ... but I did drag my butt to the gym to get in my long swim of 5K. It was rough ... but I DID IT. HA.

*****

Hoooooo boy, was that a long, hard week. However, it was super confidence-building, and I needed it. That long ride - although I'm still aiming for longer coming up here - gave me some hope leading into Moo.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 11300m, 4:30:12
Bike: 152.75 mi, 9:32:27
Run: 29.57 mi, 5:55:51
Strength: 1:08

No comments:

Post a Comment