Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty-Five

Week Thirty-Five: 8.26-9.1

In which my body rebels on me for a bit.

8.26

I had an easy ride on tap (and possibly trying some SUP with friends), but given how exhausted I was/had been ... I decided to just take an off day (well, except my daily). Regrets? None.

8.27

I had a run and swim on the schedule. I did neither. I had a dentist appointment this day and on my way there, my neck randomly started bothering me. Like, I couldn't turn my head to the right without pain. Or tilt my head back. Or diagonally. It was TERRIBLE. As a result, I took my first true off day (no strength or anything) since probably March or April when I had allergies/bronchitis/death plague.

8.28

My neck felt a little better ... but not enough for me to chance anything. I did get in a nice hour walk home after dropping off my car to get the transmission re-flushed, and time on feet is never a bad thing.

8.29

I managed a short little run, but that was about it. Story of my damn life.

8.30

I finally got back on my bike again. Would have liked a longer ride, but only managed about 20. This is seriously the worst taper ever.

8.31

Long run. Decided on 8.5 instead of 10 and it weirdly felt ... easy? Like it wasn't, but it didn't feel bad.

I also finally got back in the damn pool.

2019_augswim
And clearly made my husband take a photo.

9.1

Another ride, but legs didn't want to do poop all, so it was nice and short (about 30 minutes). I also got back in the pool for my long swim of 3k ... which was good, since it was a long set swim (6x500) and I hadn't done one like that in a while. Needed it.

*****

As I alluded to last week, sometimes, your body will stop you FOR you if you ignore the signs. Clearly that's what happened here with the neck thing. Still not sure what triggered it, still not 100% (my massage on Friday helped but didn't cure it), but I definitely listened. 

Kind of annoying, regardless.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5400m, 2:11:18
Bike: 28.7 mi, 1:54:10
Run: 11.04 mi, 2:04:38
Strength: :55
Other: 1:04 (walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment