Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty-One

Week Thirty-One: 7.29-8.4

In which I learn yeah, I probably was overtraining and therefore have a super light week. Oops.

7.29

We drove into Vegas this day so B could sell his car. My original plan was to get on the stationary bike at the gym and do over-unders ... but that didn't end up happening. Whatever, vacation.

7.30

We did, however, wake up early and run to the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign at dawn ... because otherwise it would have been way too fucking hot to do so.

FZYE6511
Jump at the sign.

We didn't run all the way back to the Bellagio, but about halfway to get in three miles.

7.31

Scheduled a possible swim that could get moved if necessary (non-rev travel is a tricky game to predict) ... it got moved. Not due to missing flights - we thankfully made all of those - but to being tired AF.

8.1

Got in another run this morning as well as my long swim for the week - a mere 4k. Weeee.

8.2

Sooooo the goal for the day was to do my long ride of 80 miles. We'd start out together and go down to the mall on the Cherry Creek Trail and then up into the park, do a park loop ... and then repeat as necessary, with the husband peeling off after the first "lap" as he doesn't need to do crazy miles right now.

What actually happened is an asshole bee stung Brandon in the webbing between his thumb and forefinger two miles after the mall turnaround (that part of the loop is 8 total miles). As he's had adverse reactions to bee stings in the past ... well, we went home to get him some medicine and some ice. I got on the trainer later that afternoon and got in another 32ish to make 40 on the day, figuring I'd just move my long ride (famous last words).

8.3

In which I should have run 12 miles (and swam) ... and in which I listened to my dang body and slept instead.

8.4

In which I should have gotten on my bike ... but didn't.

I did, however, get in a very nice 2k in a beautiful outdoor pool. My niece's 6th birthday party was at a Lifetime Fitness and my sister-in-law was totally fine with me ignoring the kids (friend party; adult relatives technically invited but told it would be boring for us) for an hour.

NYXT3986
So so gorgeous.

I did, however, slack on the sunscreen department apparently and burned my back. Dangit.

*****

Definitely a lighter week, but I'm hoping it gave me the rest I need heading into peak. Hopefully. Now if I could just get my sleep figured out ...

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 6000m, 2:17:30
Bike: 40.83 mi, 2:19:16
Run: 6.38 mi, 1:14:30
Strength: 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment