Friday, August 23, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty-Three

Week Thirty-Three: 8.12-8.18

In which things take a step back some. Partially unintentionally, partially intentionally.

(And sorry for the delay this week in posting; peak training continuing means my life is a blur.)

8.12

I had a decent ride on the schedule. We went up to Boulder to get it done before my bike fit ... but misjudged a lot of timing so I only managed to get in 20 miles pre-fit. Oops

But I did get a bike fit and I'm hoping it helps, so there's that.

8.13

Long run day - 20 miles! - and a swim. This week's 20 went a lot better than last week's 18 ... and part of that is probably because I left earlier. But who knows.

The swim was 3200 and I basically turned off my brain and just swam. Was totally on autopilot.

8.14

Another decent ride on the schedule ... that I decided to do from the house. I did the mall loop (so a bit over 8 miles) ... went back to the house to pee before continuing on ... and basically passed out. We decided that me stopping to fight another day was probably the wiser decision.

8.15

While Brandon was taking my parents to the airport, I was hitting up the track. It was definitely a struggle, but I completed the workout as scheduled.

2019_augtrack

I also in theory had a swim to squish in ... but decided not to ... because we were driving up to the western slope to Palisade in order for B to eat a lot of peaches for his birthday.

8.16

Essentially a scheduled off day (except an open water swim if I could manage it which clearly I couldn't) ... but I did this on purpose so I could be fully present for Brandon's birthday. Some things take priority over training; this was one of them.

8.17

The possible downside of the rest (and a late-ish night at the Rockies game) ... is that my body wanted more. I could not muster up the energy for anything today ... so my 5 mile run and my long swim? Cancelled.

8.18

... the only reason I was okay with taking Saturday off is that it meant that I could probably get my long ride in Sunday. Which I did.

2019_aug90miler

Got just shy of 90 in up in Boulder and then decided to finish the last 13 miles or so at home on the trainer so Brandon could also get in a ride that day (we drove separately and I neglected to bring up his bike).

*****

A little bit of a down week - which probably in theory shouldn't happen in peak - but one that I
- knew was a possibility with Brandon's birthday; and 
- was mostly okay with given my crazy f'ing week the week prior.
And I also knew that I had one more big week scheduled, so it was okay. Plus listening to my body is the most important thing, so there's that. I really don't want to burn out ...

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 3200m, 1:16:39
Bike: 128.43 mi, 7:59:49
Run: 24.23 mi, 4:52:59
Strength: 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment