Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Thirty

Week Thirty: 7.22-7.28

In which I cry. A lot. And possibly overtrain?

7.22

On the schedule: 4-4.5 mi treadmill run.

Actually accomplished: 25 mile ride. Learning that a treadmill workout when the husband is home isn't the best idea ... but the rest of my scheduled runs were such that I couldn't substitute anything. Well, I probably should have just done the mileage but not the speed work. Live and learn.

7.23

In theory: swim.

In actuality: a wonderful two and a half hour hike that I wish could have been longer but it wasn't. Still, I needed the mountain therapy.

7.24

I took B to the airport that morning and then passed out on the couch for a few hours ... so I ended up riding 46 miles on the trainer and then followed it up with a very hot, very slow, 4 mile brick run.

7.25

Successfully managed to drive up to Boulder for the BAM open water swim and got in one long course loop and one short course loop.

I then delayed hardcore, but did get out for my long ride. Couldn't manage the 90-100 on the schedule (oh I cried twice on that ride), but got in a little over 60 miles. 

7.26

Didn't wake up quite as early as I hoped, but was still out the door to start my long run a little after 6am. 16 done, and I cried in the middle. Because that's my life. It was hot and stupidly humid. I also headed to the pool a bit later that afternoon for a swim.

7.27

Finally got a long swim in again - first one since the 10k. Funny how 5k is suddenly a struggle. Slow and terrible, but completed.

7.28

A giant terrible struggle bus 2 miles on one of B's usual routes in Redondo Beach, Calif. But a run done.

*****

Better week than last week (mostly), but a lot of early mornings and fatigue and emotion and oh god am I overtraining I don't think I am but the signs kind of are there? Because I know I'm not eating as much as I should be when the load is high? And I'm crying so much? And there's no desire? And fuck I still have five weeks ...

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 10166.37m, 4:18:15
Bike: 133.08 mi, 7:51:37
Run: 22.06 mi, 4:29:12
Strength: 1:09
Other: 2:30

No comments:

Post a Comment