Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Six

Week Twenty-Six: 6.24-6.30

In which I successfully work out on vacation and crush my race. Yay, a positive week!

6.24

Wanted to get my last large pool swim done (4k, Linsey Corbin strip set), and I did. I also had a three mile run on tap that was in theory supposed to be easy/harder/easy ... and just was. Whatever, mileage done.

6.25

Most of the day was spent driving to Idaho Falls, but we still did get on the bikes when we got in. Trail ended up being a bit wonky so we didn't get in all the planned mileage, but we got in a decent 10.5 miles (about half of what I had hoped). Still: something is better than nothing.

2019_juneifallsride
Plus look how pretty it was!

6.26

Okay, so the goal today was a run, but we decided to move it since we were kind of dead from hiking around Yellowstone National Park (which was AWESOME I might add). I will also not be sad for hiking, since I keep telling myself I need to find time for that.

6.27

I had a swim on the schedule, but that got moved so we woke up and ran around a park in Bozeman instead. We scheduled a layover day and it was mostly lazy and great.

2019_junebznrun

6.28

Today was baby's first time swimming in a 50m pool ... which we did in Bozeman at the same place that super fish (and former SFQ teammate/pro triathlete) Haley Chura swims at. I wasn't able to eat anything prior so I was getting super nauseous mid swim. As a result, I cut down my planned 2k to a simple 1k. Sad, because that pool was amazeballs.

After the swim, we grabbed breakfast with Haley and then drove up to Coeur d'Alene. We got checked in for the race, ate lunch, went back to the hotel, and then went for a very easy 2 mile shakeout run.

6.29

We wanted to get in a quick open water swim early in the morning ... mostly so our wetsuits had a chance to dry before our race the next day. We got in Lake Coeur d'Alene about 7:15 which meant we'd be swimming about the same time as we would the next day (better replication of race day temps - both water and air). It was also before lake rush hour happened as ALL THE SWIMMERS were getting in as we left. Got in a nice 850ish yards in the lake. It was amazing.

2019_junecdaswim

After the swim, we headed back to the hotel for a quick spin to make sure the bikes were all good before we checked them in. It was a bit shorter than scheduled (about 8.5 as opposed to 10-15), but enough to get the legs moving and feeling good (and that all the shifting and all that stuff worked). 

6.30

Race day. I'll do a race recap next Friday (so 7.12) which means you'll have to wait until then to know how it went (if you don't already know from the instagrams). That being said ... this picture should give you some idea:

2019_junecda703

This day was also the one and only day this month that I didn't manage my daily. I was a bit too sore for that ...

*****

I'm really happy with this week. We didn't completely stop working out (we're notoriously bad about that leading up to a race), we had fun traveling despite fitting in the training, and I crushed my race (spoiler). 

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 7690.96m, 3:02:11
Bike: 74.86 mi, 4:54:56
Run: 20.72 mi, 4:19:29
Strength: :47
Other: 1:30 hiking

No comments:

Post a Comment