Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Eight

Week Twenty-Eight: 7.8-7.14

In which I end up taking a recovery week.

7.8

I had Bluffs hill repeats on the schedule and drove down to Lone Tree and everything. As I was "running" up the first part of the Bluffs ... I realized I was still f*ing dead. I mostly realized this given how hard it was to even try to run/breathe ... and realized that hill repeats probably wouldn't be smart. So, I just decided on a simple loop of the Bluffs instead.

2019_julybluffs
Staged this. Totally wasn't running this well that day. Remember kids, don't believe everything you see on the instagrams.

My shoulders KILLED me as I ran down the final downhill ... so I also decided to not do my swim that day.

7.9

In which I in theory should have rode 60 miles. In which I in actuality just did the daily and got a massage (which ended up beating me to shit).

7.10

Holy crap that massage destroyed me. No swim/run for me - rest day it is!

... I'm really just doing the recovery that I should have done last week.

7.11

In which I had every intention of getting back on the bike ... but time got away from me. Because of course it did.

7.12

Got out for a very hot two mile slog. Well, the heat made it feel like a slog. My pace said otherwise.

7.13

Finally got back on the bike. Didn't manage much, but did on the trainer catching up with some DVRed "American Ninja Warrior.

7.14

Hoped to actually still try and get in my long run this week ... nope. Did get about half of it done, though, and got in a little over five miles. Learned the Cherry Creek Trail construction was finally finished so did the CC to Highline loop ... mostly because I forgot how long that loop was since it had been forever since I'd done it.

I think it was Saturday that we also tried to get in an open water swim ... but nope, elevated bacteria levels shut down the swim beach.

*****

Crappy week. Ended up being another full recovery week. I ended up reframing it as my "mid-season break". I also ended up planning out the rest of my workout weeks from now through the week after Madison and, including race week, I have eight weeks left. 56 days in which to ramp it up and get it done. I allowed myself the rest; now time to put in the rest of the work.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 0m, 0:00
Bike: 16.27 mi, 1:00:00
Run: 10.07 mi, 1:53:13
Strength: 1:11










In other fun news, I did some math. To date, I have completed about 66% of my planned swim mileage, anywhere from 61-67% of my planned bike mileage (I give myself mileage wiggle room with trainer workouts since the same workout doesn't always take the same distance given a lot of random trainer factors), and 75-76% of my planned run mileage. Let's see if I can bump up those averages, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment