Friday, June 28, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Five

Week Twenty-Five: 6.17-6.23

In which June continues to be meh. Also sorry for this being a few days late; traveling and completely spaced blogging on Wednesday.

6.17

Had a fun adventure mountain day, but did manage to get a quick and dirty little open water swim in at Sweitzer Lake State Park - one I visited last year that just called to me for swimming ... so we actually managed to find our way there and swim. It was great.

6.18

A very humid 3 mile run, but we managed.

6.19

I put my bike in the shop Tuesday and hoped to have it back by this day ... but nope. So no ride for me. Did get in my long swim of the week though, and my last super long swim before the birthday 10K of doom. 8K as 4x2000. That was rough.

6.20

Attempted track work. Had a much more successful warmup, but I don't think I'm strong enough to do 800s. Did a few 200/200s ... and I think I'll have to plan those instead in the future.

2019_junetrack

6.21

Had an oil change that morning, so decided to ride home and then ride back when the car was ready to get in our 30 miles. Did a bit of extra riding on the way home to be able to make it, but we did. 

Hoped to swim ... but got the car back a bit too late for that to be a thing, unfortunately.

6.22

Long run day of 8 miles. B had his leg blow up a little over halfway through (weird hamstring something) so it was a bit slower than ideal, but we got in all the mileage, so it was good.

6.23

Got in the pool to do my 6x600 ... and did half of it. Totally had poop all. As a result, skipped the planned ride that day too.

*****

This week was really all about survival, and we were mostly successful. Definitely not as many bike miles as I would have liked, but part of that was due to the bike shop (yes I'm complaining).

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 10297.43m, 3:50:48
Bike: 30.26 mi, 1:58:21
Run: 12.65 mi, 2:30:47
Strength: 1:06

No comments:

Post a Comment