Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Nine

Week Twenty-Nine: 7.15-7.21

In which I work on getting back into it because it be crunch time.

7.15

I actually did a planned trainer ride workout for the first time in forever. Had Troy's TimeTrialPalooza on tap. I delayed the workout, but I did it and I crushed it. Actually chose the gearing perfect for it, too.

7.16

... ugh today. Planned on doing an open water swim up at Boulder Res ... got there and nope, cancelled. Found out later that it was because they were changing around the course, but I missed the post on it Monday night. 

Got back down to Denver and did my easy-harder-easy 5 miler and learned there was another option for OWS that evening at Cherry Creek State Park as part of the Aquaman series ... and then that got cancelled due to the continuing water quality issues. Soooooo ... despite my best intentions and a back-up plan, no open water this week.

7.17

Long ride day. Had 70 on tap. Was going to in theory wake up and ride with people but I knew that wasn't going to happen so decided to do it on my own. Ended up being on the trainer ... and I ended up getting about 62 in. It was rough.

7.18

Okay, so I in theory could have gone back up to Boulder to OWS this day ... but I had track work on the schedule and I wanted to do it early. So I did. Finally was able to complete a track session AS SCHEDULED, so I'm happy about that. I can do 200s, but not much more than that right now. Noted.

2019_julytrack

Also went to the gym to swim - double pyramid set. Neg split the first pyramid, but not the second one.

7.19

First kind of fail day of the week. Had a ride and a swim on the schedule, but was waiting to hear back from Katie about meeting up as she's leaving to go back to grad school and I really wanted to see her before that. (Also I ended up sleeping in so timing started becoming an issue.) 

Ended up just doing about an hour hike/trail walk, but it was worth it.

7.20

Instead of doing my long run by myself ... I decided to sign up for a half-marathon! Figured 13.1 was close enough to 14 and I got a discount code to make it super cheap.

Went a lot quicker than it would have had I run on my own; will recap that on Friday.

I also did the swim that I should have done Friday that afternoon, which included some sprint and band work.

7.21

Oh, bike. I need to get off my stupid trainer and back outside, but sometimes it gets hard (we know this). As a result, my 30-40 ended up being just shy of 27. 

I also didn't get in my long swim due to me sleeping and timing and ... fail. I'm so thankful I have a swim base right now ...

*****

Definitely a solid week. Bummed I skipped my long swim and wasn't truly able to get in all the bike miles, but 62 of 70 is a lot better than 30 of 70 which I've totally done in past years. Justification? Perhaps ... but I'm truly doing the best I can right now.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5800m, 2:06:16
Bike: 112.20 mi, 6:52:42
Run: 22.36 mi, 4:11:26
Strength: 1:16
Other: 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment