Friday, July 5, 2019

June Round Up

Sooooo ... June.

All things considered, I think I would have to mark June down as a successful month. Read on ...

Swimming: 34395.96m (21.37 mi)
Cycling: 288.63 mi
Running: 71.81 mi
Strength: 29 sessions (4:25)
Other: two hikes (2:50)

I said back in the May recap that if I hit all my workouts, I should have been around 50k in the water (nope), 350 miles on the bike (nope), and 90 miles on the run (nope).

If you go by that metric, the month was awful, right?

Welllll ... not so much. I may not have swum as much as I should have, but I did get in a few open water swims which I'm very pleased with. The bike was actually pretty close and I know if I had done the actual planned rides on our race trip (unable due to a few logistical factors ... like people. and trails), I would have been over 300 easy. As for the run ... well I didn't skip a long run so I'm pleased overall.

The only day I missed a strength session was the final day of the month when I couldn't really move post-70.3 (squats? were NOT happening).

Plus the "other" category actually has something in it, so YAY.

Add in the fact that my race went super well ... and I say it was a successful month.

July, on the other hand ... needs to stay at least comparable with swimming (although my swim numbers will probably go down somewhat as I only have one crazy long swim). The biggest thing I need to do is ride my damn bike. And ride it a lot. Pray for my crotch ...

No comments:

Post a Comment