Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Nineteen

Week Nineteen: 5.6-5.12

In which we're just about back to normal. Finally.

Also in which I get better about doing the daily but still modify it when needed. Which is most days.

5.6

When I initially planned out this week, I had workout B on the Spinervals 23.0 DVD ... which is typically a workout that makes me cry. Seriously. I don't think I've ever successfully gotten through it without crying. 

And that still holds true ... as I didn't do that workout. I did A, the technique/recovery set, instead. Partly because I'm still getting back to my normal bike miles, and partly because it was either shift it or just not do it. I figured getting on the bike was better than not.

5.7

Three miles easy/harder/easy (probably went way too easy for the easy, but eh). Also 2500 in the pool ... the entirety of which I grumbled through.

5.8

Damn gloomy days. Did not do the bike I had scheduled.

5.9

So exhausted, so slept instead of swimming, but I did get my four mile run done in the snow. Steady run ... that I steadily pos split. I also tested out some new shoes - some random Nikes I got at Dicks Sporting Goods for $65. They'll work, but probably not for super long runs.

5.10

Did Wednesday's bike - TimeTrialPalooza - and actually did HR for it. Which was a slight disaster, but that's what HR is for me on the bike.

Did not swim because I couldn't get out of the house. We're redoing our backyard and the roll off trailer dumpster thingy the landscapers are using was in my driveway and I was not able to get free in time to get in a long-ass swim. 

5.11

12 mile run. I think if I'm running over 10, I'm going to need to start bringing Skratch/liquid. It was a bit rough.

2019_may12miler
And, as I mentioned before, shoes worked, but probably won't want to do a lot of long runs in them. Waiting on another pair to get here to test out (Topos) ... and if those don't work, well, I guess I'm going with another stupid pair of Brooks.

I also did Friday's swim of 5000. I did the extended pyramid set (same one I'm planning for my 10k swim of DOOM) and I kind of killed it. Extending the set meant the longest interval was 700. I even split the 600s and the 500 was the only one I didn't neg split on the way back down. Plus it was under 2 hours, so that made me super happy.

5.12

So I in theory was hoping to ride with people today ... but I was out later than ideal the night before with friends and didn't learn until like 10:30 when people were meeting (7am down south 1:15 away from me) ... and I finally became alert enough at 5:30 which would have given me 15 minutes to change, get my bike, prep my food/bottles, and eat before needing to get in the car. Yeah, wasn't happening.

So I got on the trainer instead. Tossed in some movies and just pedaled. No intervals, but definitely pushed the pace some. Got in 41 miles instead of the planned 50, but I'm getting closer. Totally underestimated how much it would take to rebuild bike endurance after getting sick.

I also did the swim I didn't do Thursday of 3500. I wanted to quit 1000 times during it and might have questioned my life choices at pretty much every break, but I DID IT.

*****

Except for cutting the long ride short (... again ...), I was able to successfully hit all my workouts. Oh and I guess modifying another ride, but eh. Now my main problem is getting enough sleep/rest. Not only falling asleep/waking up, but actually staying asleep. I write this exhausted as hell. Will figure it out soon. Hopefully.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 11000m, 4:13:35
Bike: 71.42 mi, 4:15:37
Run: 19.10 mi, 3:48:21
Strength: 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment