Saturday, January 24, 2015

Unable to run

For those of you who know me well, you know my relationship with running.  For those of you who are new to my life, I'll give you a brief synopsis.

Running and I have a very love-hate relationship.  During a season, I will generally go through 3 to 4 swings of loving running and hating it.  There are times during the year I love getting my shoes on and pounding out some miles, and other times where that front door might as well be the Berlin Wall.  You get the idea.

Right now, whether or not I want to run, I can't.  I'm sidelined with a case of plantar fasciitis. It started a couple weeks ago, when I attempted to run on the treadmill in Billings, and while the pain has lessened a lot over the past week, I still feel a very slight pressure in my heel. It's like a pebble is embedded in my heel.  And needless to say, it sucks.

This year so far has been pretty good.  Aside from this and a bike crash last week, it's gone pretty well.  Work has been acceptable and this last week off has been great for recharging my batteries.  And the thing is, I know I'll bounce back from this.  I'm looking into some PT options and deciding if that's the route I'll need to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment