Thursday, January 15, 2015

Exciting News

Aside from MaccaX, both T and I haven't raced on a team or with a team.  Until this year, I had never even considered applying for a team. I figured you had to be a really good athlete, which in our sport means contending for Kona.  Let's face it; that ain't me.

This year, seeing a lot of my tri friends on teams, I decided to take the plunge and apply to a few.  I'm not the fastest athlete out there, but I am passionate about the sport and attempt to be the best ambassador of it that I can.  Triathlon needs to be fun as well as competitive.

Today, both T and I got the email from our favorite tri shop, TriSports.com, welcoming us to their team.  This store is special to us and has been for a number of years.  When we went down there in 2010 to buy wetsuits, as newbies, we were pleasantly surprised at how welcoming they were and the supreme customer service we received.  We've trekked to the desert many times since, always making a stop at our favorite shop.  

TriSports always does a run-aid station at IMAZ, and both T and I volunteered for it in 2012. During my Ironman in 2013, I got a huge hug from Seton, one of the co-founders of TriSports, which more or less propelled me the rest of the race.  It's little things like this that make me proud to wear their brand and represent them in the sport.

Stay tuned for this exciting partnership!

No comments:

Post a Comment