Wednesday, January 7, 2015

So Far, So Awesome

Well, we're a few days into the new year, and the plan of awesome is going fairly well so far. Of course, life attempts to derail the plan every day, whether by being exhausted thanks to work, dealing with annoying people at work, or by apparently having my debit card hacked (*siiiiiigh*).

Still, I've successfully worked out every day of this new year. I haven't done much each day - anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes, but I'm getting back into the groove of things.

Running I've done the least, but it's also been butt-honking cold, so I'm okay with that. I've gotten on the treadmill once and done a group run with SkirtSports.

Cycling I've done a fair decent bit - all trainer time - and I'm still waiting for my legs to not feel like lead when I climb on my QRoo.

Swimming I'm not playing with any of my toys quite just yet (pull buoy, paddles, etc.) so I can get my feel for the water once again. Which is probably a good thing, really, as today Brandon mentioned my arm hinging wasn't going so well, so I slowed down to consciously focus on it.

I'm purposefully not going all out because I know it won't get me anywhere. I've forced myself to not get on the bike some days (to make three-a-days) because I know I'll be on it enough this year ... even though I'm oh so glad to actually want to climb on the damn thing.

My body is complaining about the work I'm putting it through, but I can tell it's getting close to craving it, too.

And let me tell you - I've missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment