Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On Priorities

Last year 'round these here parts, I set a goal to blog about twice a week which ended up being Mondays and Wednesdays.

It was good for the most part; it got me back to writing on here and sharing the things that were going on. Blogging naturally fell by the wayside when traveling, but I do think the plan helped me stay on top of race reports (which was AWESOME) and helped me get a bit creative sometimes (resorting to poetry ...).

But ...

What about those weeks when really, I had nothing to say? Sometimes, the grind is just that - a grind. Right now, in these cold winter months, a lot of my training is indoors. I don't run with my phone and I really don't want to fill this blog with just run selfies.

So ... I've been thinking. 

Right now, I'm just too pudgy and slow. I hate the way I look right now, I hate the way I feel the extra weight when I run, I hate the stomach my knees hit when I ride ... I hate things not changing.

As a result, I'm going to make that a priority. Training, helping myself to become healthy again, helping myself get to a point where I can start to unlock the potential I know is within myself (or, conversely, learning that I am as good as I'm going to get) ... that needs to be my priority.

If blogging falls by the wayside ... so be it. I'll still get on here for race reports, for training days that inspire me, for thoughts that pop in the process, for exciting news. But I don't want to have me sitting, staring at my laptop, thinking of things to say, forcing myself to sit down and blog about something, anything, be more of a priority.

Here's to change, here's to being awesome, and here's to figuring out our priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment