Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cheering at Chilly Cheeks: Part Two

Since I was pretty much out of commission all last week with shingles still (grrrrrr ...), I don't have a featured workout post, unfortunately.

However, last Saturday was the third in the Chilly Cheeks Duathlon series (remember?) and I went and cheered again (this time with Brandon). Jeanne didn't race, but Kristen and Jenna did.

Had I not gotten shingles, I may have actually raced this one. Weather was warm-ish ... but it was super windy by the time the race started, so who knows.

In any case, we had fun walking up to the park and cheering on all the athletes.

ccdu7
Kristen in the first wave of athletes.

ccdu8
And Kristen is off!

ccdu9
Jenna waiting to start, rocking her new Hammer Nutrition kit.

ccdu10
Kristen coming back in off the bike, into a nasty headwind.

ccdu11
Jenna after hammering the bike leg.

ccdu12
Jenna starting the run leg.

ccdu13
Brandon waiting at the finish line.

ccdu14
Waiting at the finish.

ccdu15
Jenna finishing.

ccdu16
When your first thought is to collapse after crossing the finish line, you gave it your all.

ccdu17
Group shot! I look awkward because the herpes side is the side near Jenna - can't get too close. Hurts too much.

Chilly day, but a lot of fun. Hopefully next time I'm at a race it's to actually, y'know, race though ...

No comments:

Post a Comment