Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2/3-2/9: Resting Up

Last week was not a good week in terms of working out - I was, quite literally, a weekend warrior. Yep, Monday through Friday, my view pretty much looked like this:

bad_week
Except not always with the husband in the background.

I don't entirely know what happened, but I do know that I had no energy last week. I spent a lot of time wrapped up in blankets on the couch, or snuggled up in bed either reading or on my computer. A few possible factors:

- It was ass cold out. Pitiful excuse, I know, but when the temperatures are single-digit to negatives, motivation for someone who has nothing to train for is non-existent.
- Diet went to hell. And, as we all know, what we put into our bodies makes a huge difference in how we feel. I eat like crap? I feel like crap.

But, most likely, body went into self-defense mode. A few times in the past week, my orange juice has tasted a bit funky. Usually when that happens, that's a sure sign I'm getting sick. However, death plague has - to this point *knocks on wood*/*crosses fingers* - not made an appearance. Therefore, I'm going to thank my body's built-in survival mode to not want to weaken my immune system any more by working out in the cold.

Five days off right now aren't a bad thing if they end up preventing two or three weeks of crap workouts due to plague (I've gotten death plague* quite a bit over the past few years and therefore know the cycle).

So, featured workout for last week? Was an internal battle inside making me hibernate so as to not get sick.


* death plague - also known as cold that typically turns into a sinus infection and/or bronchitis. Had it last January. It's awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment