Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1/20-1/26: First Three-A-Day of 2014

It took until the end of last week for me to get a featured workout, but man, was it worth it.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm training right now for the sheer love of training. I think nothing but that or an actual training plan would have made me do what I did Sunday, the 27th:

My first three-a-day of the year.

Granted, I don't think I had many (if any) in Ironman training. It's been a really long time since I've done one.

The other weird part of it was the workouts I did.

I swam - and did 50s just because. I liked some of the swim workouts in IM training. There was a 1700/3500m pyramid set that I adored. However, there were also swim workouts that I hated. The 50 sets were the worst - 30x50, 60x50 ... just ugh. Sunday? I did 20x50 (framed by 100m kick sets) by choice.

After, I lifted - it was short (just under 15 minutes), but it was good.

That afternoon, I wanted to ride outside, but the weather didn't cooperate (so I'm training, but I'm not going to go out if it's below 40 degrees) so I hopped on the trainer. I did 45:00 ... which is a length of time that I usually don't have the patience to do until at least a month from now.

trainer
View from the trainer.

trainer2
Water bottle set-up. That blue tube is our Rumble Roller ... a.k.a. foam roller of PAIN.

I don't plan three-a-days, but since I'm rolling without a plan right now, we'll see if another one arises soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment