Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recap: Oct. 8-Oct.14

Still managing to move. It hasn't been impressive by any means and I'm kind of embarrassed to be posting what I'm doing, but a big part of me believes I need this break, mostly mentally more than anything.

Monday, Oct. 8: 27 minutes of Wii Fit Plus

The original plan was to swim, but Brandon was too tired to do so.

Tuesday, Oct. 9: 30 minutes of Wii Fit Plus

I hate that I consider Wii Fit an actual workout. I only feel marginally better about it because it's an available sport on BeginnerTriathlete.

More importantly, I also had an ART appointment this day for my back in which I learned my hips are out of whack due to lack of stretching. This REALLY annoyed me because I wanted to be a lot better about stretching this year and I failed miserably. This just shows me that I can't ever slack on that.

Wednesday, Oct. 10: 10:55.80 of running, 15 minutes of yoga

Yay! I ran! Only a mile to test things out for both of us, but it went okay. We also took it purposefully slow for that purpose. Also did the running and all sports mini workouts from the Yoga for Athletes DVD.

Thursday, Oct. 11: 18:13.98 of swimming

800m for a 2:16/100m. 2x100m, 1x200m, 2x50m, 1x200m, 1x100m. This swim was a major struggle and I also burped up breakfast, almost puking in the pool. Not pretty.

In other news, I also signed up for MX12, a members-only site/program that includes 12 of Chris McCormack's most effective training workouts. I saw it on Twitter, kind of hated the infomercial-cheesy site, but for $97, figured why not? The workouts look awesome (and brutal) and I can't wait to start doing them. Brandon and I figured that this would be the closest thing to coaching without hiring an actual coach (something that we can't afford). I also put forth a couple extra bucks per month for the VIP membership which includes access to a special Facebook page and spreecasts with Macca. If anything, it's lending itself to be an awesome community of triathletes that I look forward to interacting with more once I get back into serious training.

Friday, Oct. 12: 26 minutes of Wii Fit Plus

Put this off until almost midnight. Hate putting stuff off that late.

Saturday, Oct. 13: 21 minutes of Wii Fit Plus

Also late at night due to family business.

Sunday, Oct. 14: 21 minutes of Wii Fit Plus

From the workout log: "hate that this is all i've really done this week. but at least i did more of the yoga and strength"

Once again, nothing special. Week three so far isn't all that wonderful, but I'm hoping to change that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment