Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An injury. A real one.

I mentioned in my post-race recap that my calf was sore after the Denver 1/2 Marathon, although I didn't go into detail about it.  Welp, I will today.

After throwing around a football last week with my friend Jimi, I felt my calf just wasn't right.  I tried taking it easy, but after crawling on my bike trainer and trying to ride, I made it 2 minutes before the pain was just shooting throughout my calf.  It took that to determine that I am not just suffering from a minor calf injury.  This is something serious.

I took the weekend essentially off, putting my calf up, icing it, and hoping that would fix it.  This morning, we tested it out on a short run.  I made it a whopping 10 feet before I crumbled.  I am not going to run on an injured calf, so we turned it around.

Not going to lie, this really upsets me.  I don't know what the deal is, but I know rest is the only thing that will fix it.  As a precaution, I made an appointment with Cherry Creek Spine and Sport, which specializes in Active Release Therapy.  Let's hope this fixes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment