Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July Round-Up

July was a BIG month of training, but that's really no surprise. It held the last build plus our peak weeks of training before starting taper. Obviously that's going to contain a lot of miles. All of my times/averages got worse (some by a whole lot, as you'll see), but all of my actual numbers went way up, so I'm not surprised there's that difference.

Anyway, onward to the numbers:

Running: 50.96 mi (average went up 57 seconds/mile (i think. i'm not good at math))
Swimming: 6.6 mi (average went up three minutes/mile)
Cycling (outside): 204.49 mi (average went down about .7 mph)
Cycling (trainer): 0 mi (sorry skippy)
Lifting: six sessions (taper included no lifting)
Other: two games of rec league softball. what what.

Despite the slowness (oh god the slowness), I'm actually really happy with everything. I haven't seen run mileage like that since Vegas training (third highest run month ever) and I've NEVER seen cycling numbers like that. I really picked up the swimming which I needed to do. Yes, I know everything was slooooow, but I got myself into the open water a lot and got really comfortable in it and that ended up making a WORLD of difference on race day.

I also did two races, including one with one of the most difficult bike rides I've ever done.

As for August, what's to come? As this is a delayed recap post, I'm already past my huge August race (recap coming soon!). The plan was to take this week as a recovery week, but I may get back into it a little on Friday as I'm starting to go crazy not being active. So, for the rest of the month, the plan is to:

- RUN. Still have that pesky Denver Rock 'N Roll Half-Marathon coming up in October that I can't forget about.
- Swim. Since the open water is now my friend, I'd like to keep getting into it while the water's still warm.
- Cycle ... but not do any long crazy rides. Just ENJOY my time on Bob.
- LIFT. I've got a wedding coming up and these arms/back need to look good in what will end up being a halter dress.
- Sprint. See wedding reason, but for slimming down more. That and it'll make the running go faster and that would be nice right now.

Basically, half-ass train for the half-mar while getting in tip-top wedding shape while enjoying NOT training for some crazy race.

Which is funny, because the Vegas half WAS our crazy race last year. Oh how times change ...

No comments:

Post a Comment