Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Two

Week Twenty-Two: 5.27-6.2

Still struggling with the bike. Still not hitting everything. Trying not to get frustrated with myself.

5.27

Well, the week started off well. I had considered doing the BOLDERBoulder, but *someone* never got back to me about running it (even though the socials said that it was a thing), so my run ended up being by myself at home. The just-shy-of-10K that I did also probably ended up being a lot faster than had I been up in Boulder, so there's that.

I also got in a nice 4K in the pool (doing the Linsey Corbin strip set again) before heading to my brother's for food.

5.28

In theory should have gotten on the bike. In actuality, dealt with home repair crap all day and didn't have the chance.

5.29

Scheduled 3 miles was the easy/harder/easy ... but it definitely just ended up being a steady run instead. Oof. Also didn't swim like I should have.

5.30

... swam this day instead. 6500 in pyramid form. Neg split it all except for the final 50. Was supposed to ride, too, but this knocked me out.

5.31

The three I had on the schedule turned into two since I had absolutely nothing. The ride (of whatever form I needed to do) ended up being short and on the trainer but that day, I figured that SOMETHING was better than NOTHING, so that's what got me through.

6.1

Knew I would be up in Boulder all day at the annual Skirt Sports Ambassador Retreat, so only scheduled a hike ... which I did (I was one of the leaders). And while I didn't log them, I also ended up doing some yoga and Zumba, the latter of which was actually really fun.

6.2

Original plan was to race a 5K and then get in another 6 miles cheering along the course. 

Actual plan ended up being race the 5K and then feel so crappy that I skipped out on everything else (brunch with everyone (although that was also partially because B got back into town), scheduled swim, extra running ...). I swear I pooped six times this day - something in my body was just very, very unhappy.

(More on the retreat/race on Friday ... including photos.)

*****

Once again ... a mediocre week. I'm just thankful that even if I skip a swim, my swim numbers still look halfway decent.

I ordered a new wetsuit thanks to Memorial Day sales, so hopefully I get to try that out sooooooon!

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 10500m, 4:04
Bike: 10 mi, 32:03
Run: 14.3 mi, 2:39:47
Strength: :58
Other: 1:20 (hike)

No comments:

Post a Comment