Friday, June 14, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Three

Week Twenty-Three: 6.3-6.9

In which things go ... better.

I'm also a few days late because CenturyLink decided to have an outage in our neighborhood all of Wednesday afternoon/evening after I got back home from riding that morning soooooo ...

6.3

Outside ride with B. In theory 50; in actuality, we ended up doing 33 miles of hills. Which is okay, since I also had 25-30 of hills scheduled. So it worked. Also we ended up getting poured on, so even better that we cut it short.

6.4

Was supposed to run 5. Ran a very terrible 3. I think my legs were still trashed from both the race and the tough ride the day before.

6.5

Didn't ride, but did do the 4700 I had planned. Took me about 1500 to get into that swim. Grossssss.

6.6

Chose to do my long ride today. Went up to Boulder to Tom Watson and then rode all around. I also ran into Katie on the bike so I took a mid-ride detour to pet puppies. No regrets there.

2019_june50miler

I also needed to run, so I attempted to do it off the bike. It didn't go that well. I only got a mile in, but that's better than nothing, right?

6.7

Long swim day of 7000. Did 10x700 and I felt awesome for 4900 of it, which I'm really happy with. I also enjoyed that set a lot. Note to self: 700s are a good thing.

6.8

Long run day ... that got split into two. I had 12 on the schedule and was grumbling about it and texting Brandon while I was taking my HR-induced walk breaks. He needed to get in a run too ... so I decided to do only 6 that morning and then do the rest of it after I picked him up. This actually worked as it forced me to actually get in the second half of the run.

(I feel if I tried to do this on my own I wouldn't go back out.)

We also did the shortest of open water swims because I bought me a new wetsuit thanks to ROKA's Memorial Day sale!

2019_junewetsuit

Definitely will need to get in the water more, but I think I already like it better than my ancient old one.

6.9

In which the planned day didn't go so well. We did wake up to swim ... but poor B forgot his swim trunks and then I decided to be a bad triathlete and not swim without him. We also in theory should have done a lot more strenuous (and involved) trainer workout than we actually did, but oh well.

We also spent the afternoon up in Boulder so I could cheer on all the people I knew racing IM Boulder (in its' last year, as we found out). An old Run CO friend finished 2nd overall amateur so she earned her pro card!

*****

Skipped a swim, basically skipped a run ... but overall, a turn in the right direction.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 11907.57m, 4:32:56
Bike: 89.99 mi, 5:35:03
Run: 16.22 mi, 3:12:33
Strength: 1:07

No comments:

Post a Comment