Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Twenty-Four

Week Twenty-Four: 6.10-6.16

In which I continue to try to hold on.

6.10

I was up super early to take B to the airport and then went straight from there over to the Bluffs to do hill repeats. They went ... okay.

2019_junejump
But I did jump because weeeeeeeee.

I in theory should have ridden too, but I was a bit too exhausted.

6.11

Should have swam. Didn't. Clearly super dead.

6.12

Long ride day. I woke up early to drive down to the Springs to be able to ride with friends. I finally did some of the infamous Fountain loop. I didn't get in my full 60, but did get in about 57 and a half ... and it was a lot speedier than I would have expected given the ride (rollers, a good stretch that was a false flat/uphill into the wind ...). The terrain down there is going to be some of the best I'm going to find for IMoo training, so I see more rides there in the future.

I didn't do my planned run because my hamstrings were killing me ... but such is life.

I also somehow misplaced my RoadID this day which I didn't notice for a few days and it's still missing. I did order a new one, though, because I feel so naked training without it.

6.13

Hey, finally swam. 4500 of 5x900. While I loved my 700s last week ... 900s? Suck.

6.14

Due to B's schedule I moved my long run to Friday. I then got invited to brunch with some speedy friends ... so I decided to drive up to Boulder early, get in my run, shower, and then meet up with everyone. So that's what I did. Had 14 on the schedule and it mostly went okay until it didn't. I could not keep my HR under control the last few miles (it did NOT want to recover) so it was a bit slower than I would have preferred, but I got it done.

2019_june14miler

Brunch was also great - with our good friend Nic as well as Kristin, whom we've recently reconnected with. She got 2nd AG/OA amateur female at IM Boulder, earning her pro card, so that's super cool.

6.15

In which I should have gotten my long swim done ... but didn't. The Rockies shitting the bed and blowing a 6 run lead in the 9th inning (and then losing in 12) the night before meant I did not get to bed at any reasonable time (had tickets and yes, probably should have left early ... but didn't) and could not drag my ass out of bed. 

And then I lost my afternoon window due a freak out regarding B's flight schedule (totally my fault - misread what I wrote down) ... so no swim. 

6.16

Since clearly sleep was needed and we took a lazy morning, we decided to get in our ride on the trainer (and catch up on some "American Ninja Warrior"). We also ran a little off the bike, even if it was less than was on the schedule.

*****

Missed a bike, missed a run, and only swam once ... but there were definite bright spots to this week. Mostly my ride on Wednesday - I will absolutely take a 17 mph average for about 58 miles. I'm surviving right now. I'm not crushing training, but I'm getting through good chunks of it, and I'm okay with it.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 4500m, 1:37:46
Bike: 93.52 mi, 5:28:18
Run: 19.11 mi, 3:53:36
Strength: 1:07

No comments:

Post a Comment