Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Sixteen

Week Sixteen: 4.15-4.21

In which I continue to try to get back on track. Daily workout was accomplished every day. Hooray!

4.15

One sign that I'm definitely not back in my groove is that I keep shuffling workouts around. In theory I had a run and a swim on tap; that ended up being just a run. Three miles of easy/harder/easy and, once again, nailed it. 12:something, 9:something, 12:something. 

4.16

In theory, just a bike. Then it became a bike and swim (swim from the day prior). In actuality ... just the swim. 3400 done at the ass-crack of dawn - told myself I needed to be in the pool by 4something to get it done otherwise it wasn't going to GET done - and I was in the pool by 4:20am. I positive split the 500s of the main set, but hey, whatever.

It also killed me for the rest of the day which is why my bike got moved.

4.17

The previous day's bike got added on to what should have been just a run. I actually ran the whole first mile of the three steady I needed to do, so progress! It's a thing! Bike in theory should have been 20 miles with some hill repeats, but given my crap cycling lately ... I did not do hill repeats. I did climb the hills that would normally be climbed on said ride, but I did not repeat them.

2019_aprbike
I did, however, make the husband take a picture of me riding.

4.18

Swim and a bike on schedule, and both completed. I try to do my short swim of the week when I go to the pool with Brandon because he doesn't need to swim nearly as long as I do. This week, the short swim was 2500 of 50x50. It actually went pretty well, so I'm happy with that. The bike was a trainer set of Coach Troy and Dropping the Hammer. I maybe could have gone harder? Still figuring out how hard I can push myself without failing ...

4.19

In which I in theory should have done a treadmill set. The same treadmill set I hate. The same treadmill set I keep skipping. Oops. I was up early to take Brandon to the airport and then just felt vaguely nauseous all day. This has been happening and is not a good thing. I really need to figure this out ...

4.20

In which I didn't wake up early enough for my swim (so I moved it a day) and in which I really didn't want to get on my stupid bike ... but I did. I only did about 25 instead of the scheduled 30 miles, but I figured some was definitely better than none, so yeah.

4.21

I had a lot to get done in not a lot of time - met my parents for Easter brunch at 11 - and I almost managed it. I figured I'd do my swim first and then run - temps would have been better for running earlier, but I think I prefer an emptier pool over more ideal running weather, so swimming it was.

The swim was a workout I found on the interwebs - Linsey Corbin's strip set - and I've been meaning to do it for ages, but since when do I normally get up to swimming 4k? Oh right, in the middle of IM/10k swim training, duh. I didn't do the proper rest (... next time), but it went okay. First half of the swim was definitely better than the second half.

The run in theory should have been eight miles. If I had been able to run the paces I'd been running my long runs in, I should have been able to get in eight no problem. However ... it went terribly. One of the worst runs I've had in a long, long time and the first long run in about three months that I haven't enjoyed at all. Managed six (... if I had gotten in the full eight, I wouldn't have been able to shower pre-brunch AND I would have been late anyway). Yeah, I probably should have gone out later and done the final two, but I was so cranky at running that I said fuck it and called it good for the day.

*****

Well, I got in all my swims for the week. I was shy of planned running miles by about six and 5 of planned bike miles. For the struggle that is my life ... I'll take it.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 9900m, 3:39:54
Bike: 63.52 mi, 3:53:30
Run: 12.05 mi, 2:42:30
Strength: 1:14

No comments:

Post a Comment