Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Fourteen

Week Fourteen: 4.1-4.7

In which I start off the week poorly and finish it better.

4.1

Brandon made me do a virtual doctor's appointment as I still wasn't seeming to get better. I learned that one of the medications I thought I was taking for my cough wasn't actually for my cough (the very gross, pseudo-margarita tasting liquid) and that I really needed to be dealing with the nasal spray stuff again. Cool, thanks. 

I did try running ... and got a fifth of a mile before I admitted defeat thanks to hacking my brains out. And getting really weird looks from a golfer nearby. Oops. Didn't even bother with the daily.

4.2

In which I admit defeat and do nothing but the daily. I was so jealous of B out riding in Tucson, but I knew that having a coughing fit on the bike could be dangerous, so I didn't bother.

4.3

We both knew we really needed to spend some time among the cacti, so we went hiking in Saguaro National Park West (first time over on the west side - we usually hang out at SNP east).

QJWT3787
Much needed for my soul.

I did not do the daily, however, as it was HIIT and I figured that was a terrible thing to do to my lungs.

4.4

We drove back home and, since I was still dying, decided to forgo the planned run. I did manage the daily when I got back home though.

4.5

In which we were considering swimming before the Rockies home opener, but decided against it given time constraints and how late we slept in (oops). Did get the daily in, though.

4.6

In which I run a half-marathon. Recap to come Friday, but I told myself that if I had a terrible coughing fit within the first 5K, I'd bail, and if not, I'd keep going. First bad coughing fit (that wasn't due to swallowing bugs ...) was somewhere between 9 and 10 miles and at that point I wasn't not finishing.

HELB2199
Photo courtesy Brandon. This was around mile 8.

I'm also super proud of myself that I managed the daily later, too. 

4.7

I had a recovery ride and a long swim on the schedule ... and I only managed the swim. And not the full length at that. I had 70 50s on the schedule and decided to do as many as I could ... I managed 30, which I'm actually pretty proud of. I fought hard to get even that many, but at least I swam again.

*****

I'm hoping that this is my last bad week of this crap and that I can get back to normal training in week 15 (spoiler: so far, so good ...), even if I scale intensity back a tiny bit. Brandon's official 70.3 training starts up as well so hopefully that will help kick me into gear too!

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 1500m, 35:20
Bike: 0 mi, 0:00
Run: 13.30 mi, 2:37:55
Strength: :52
Hiking: 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment