Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Fifteen

Week Fifteen: 4.8-4.14

In which I almost get back with everything. Almost. I am back to doing the daily except when mentioned. Oops.

4.8

I did in theory have a bike on the schedule, but I was just still so dead from the half that it didn't happen. I managed my lift but barely. I may have destroyed myself a little ...

4.9

Run and swim on tap. The run was just 2.5 mi steady/easy which I managed with still very sore legs. The swim was in theory a speed work swim - the 1400 swim I had been doing with the 200 all outs? Well I'd upped it to 2k which meant two all out 200s. I did the swim but I didn't quite go all out on the 200s just in case (still sick yo). Definitely harder, but not all out. I felt that was a smart decision.

4.10

In which I FINALLY get back on my stupid bike. Had Troy's TimeTrialPalooza on the schedule and I managed it. I did scale it back somewhat as I hadn't been on my bike in a while and, well, sick, but I completed it AND probably could have gone a bit harder.

4.11

Another run/swim day. The run was 3 mi easy/harder/easy and I freaking NAILED it. The swim was double 1700 pyramid day ... also known as my first true long swim back. First pyramid felt easy. Second one felt good until I started working my way back down the other side. And my pull buoy chafed my legs. Dangit. Either need to start putting Vaseline on the thighs or (and/or) buy a new pull buoy, as mine is kind of beat up. Either way.

4.12

Woke up super early to take B to the airport and woke up right in the middle of a dream (bad point in a sleep cycle) and then felt absolutely nauseous for the rest of the day. Didn't even manage my daily. True complete off day.

4.13

Long run day of only 6 miles ("only"). Had a run up at Skirt Sports and didn't want to do the full 6 with everyone and ideally wanted to get up to Boulder with enough time to do it beforehand, but only ended up with enough time to do 3 prior so I split it (but kept the watch paused). Done with HR. Wasn't bad, wasn't good.

2019_aprboulder
Taken on the second half. Chilly day. Wacky weather. Clear prior; started snowing as I left Boulder; sunny like two hours later. Silly Colorado ...

4.14

Bike and a swim on tap. The swim had technically been moved from Friday as I didn't want to miss my long swim of the week. Had 4k scheduled as 40x100. It was super mentally tough, but I did it in about 1:35. If I can manage that at IMoo I will be ECSTATIC. The bike was shortened as I kind of delayed things and didn't have enough time to get in 40 miles before I had to go volunteer for BU's Global Days of Service (meal prep at the Denver Rescue Mission). I did, however, get SOMETHING in as opposed to just skipping the ride - and I pushed it while on the bike - so I'm counting it a win. Some day I'll get back to riding well again ...

*****

Successfully managed all my swims and runs; almost all my lifts ... it's just the bike. Dang bike.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 9400m, 3:30:40
Bike: 37.66 mi, 2:11:22
Run: 11.55 mi, 2:17:05
Strength: 1:08

No comments:

Post a Comment