Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Three

Week Three: 1.14-1.20

Still keeping up with the daily.

Starting to not sleep through the night - I keep waking up or just don't get solid sleep. Not sure if that's related to the training, or if we finally need to get a new mattress.

1.14

What I didn't mention on my last ride last week (Troy on the trainer) ... was that I had a flat before I started that ride. I decided to just pump up my tire and do the workout and it was fine. But, alas, it was flat. B changed that for me over the weekend (because he's awesome) ... but I decided to stay inside for the ride on this day due to lingering snow and ice on the trails as well as debris. We need to stockpile tubes again.

Forget how I got through this trainer ride (45 minutes), but it was kind of bleh.

1.15

Double day. Standard easy-harder-easy run (with a sub-10 middle mile! yay!) ... and the easy parts were made a lot easier thanks to a lot of ice that I walked over. Our friend Ann shattered her ankle on an icy run a few years back and it's haunted me ever since.

I also got in the pool ... and since Brandon was there and doing a shorter swim ... I made him take pictures.

2019_janswim
It's so rare I get pictures of me in the water.

Of note: I also actually officially registered for IM Wisconsin today.

1.16

Back to the recovery/technique set. Dropped my chain (only me, I swear) and had issues getting my cadence sensor to read at the outset. Some days, man ...

1.17

Another double day. I don't have too many of these (if I so choose) with the way I'm doing things on the three run weeks. 

I officially bumped up my long run to five miles (hooray).

2019_firstfivemiler

The day's swim was also drill day ... and I added in kick drills. Those didn't go quite as terribly as I would have thought, so that's a plus.

1.18

Long ride day. And, due to weather (it was snowing) ... it was indoors. And I also bumped things up to 30 miles. Friends, my crotch was not ready for 30 miles on the trainer (because it can handle these things outside better than it can inside). I mostly used this time to check out the "Titan Games" which I had DVRed, doing intervals during the ... activities? challenges? ... competitions.

Stupid winter.

1.19

Only a simple little treadmill run this day yet I procrastinated it SO HARD. 2.5 miles (-ish. depends on whether you want to listen to the treadmill or the Garmin) that I kept adding speed to. Progression, kind of?

1.20

Long swim day ... but I changed it up. Instead of doing 40x50 or 20x100, I did 2x100 w/u and cd with a 4x400 main set ... and I descended the 400s. Aw yiss.

*****

So except for the sleep thing (and the general body aches that settle in), this week felt ... dare I say ... easy? Or at least comfortable.

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5100m, 2:00:17
Bike: 49.66 mi, 3:14:34
Run: 10.52 mi, 2:03:07
Strength: 1:08

No comments:

Post a Comment