Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Four

Week Four: 1.21-1.27

Still keeping up with the daily ... though the cardio/HIIT days make me reconsider sometimes ...

1.21

This was the first super disappointing day I've run into so far. I had an all out hard run on my schedule - super short; either a 1.37 mile out-and-back near the house or an equivalent loop in the park. However ... we've been getting a lot of snow and therefore, everything was stupid fucking icy. So I was freaking out about how I was going to get this done.

I ended up walking the half mile to the Cherry Creek Trail and just did an out-and-back on the trail. It was shit, and way harder than I would have liked, and just terrible.

Later that afternoon was the Troy recovery set ... and it was also shit. The fucking warm up about destroyed me. The WARM UP.

Terrible, terrible day.

1.22

The one thing that made me not completely wallow after the shit day previous was the fact that I had my favorite pyramid set in the pool on the schedule for today. And, thank you pyramid set, it went so well. Perfect thing to help move my brain about.

1.23

I woke up so stiff that I added in bonus yoga about two minutes after getting out of bed. It was glorious.

The main workout was a steady run which felt surprisingly good.

1.24

My drill swim of the week, with a main set of 2x400 which I descended. By a lot. It was a little crazy.

The ride ... was on the trainer. As (spoiler) every ride this week was. And most likely every ride next week. *sigh*

2019_jantrainer
So much of this. So so sosososososo much of this.

1.25

Simple run today - the easy/harder/easy. Definitely succeeded with that; also overheated (dressed too warmly). And struggled to breathe. Stupid running.

1.26

As it turned out, all my long workouts ended up being on the weekend. I had my last week (for pretty much until after IMoo) with my long swim being 2000 ... and it ended up being the fastest 2k I've swum this month, so that was exciting.

(It's not like I won't still have 2k swims ... they just won't be the longest swim of the week anymore.)

The ride was another 30 miles on the trainer and I changed up my food strategy to drinking every 5 minutes and eating every 15 and I think that worked a lot better. I also gave up and bought a fan this week and that was a lifesaver. Fan, you are my new BFF.

1.27

Nothing much but a simple five miles, which actually felt pretty nice. Slightly frustrating at times (hello, running for the past three years), but nice.

*****

It's still obviously really early, but I feel like I'm settling into everything quite nicely. I also went and looked back at my training numbers in the months of the past two IM years - 2013 and 2016 - and I did more this week than I did in January 2013. Of when I also slowly started base-building for IMAZ. 

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5200m, 1:55:14
Bike: 55.28 mi, 3:30:47
Run: 11.81 mi, 2:12:09
Strength: 1:08
Other: :16

No comments:

Post a Comment