Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Training for IMoo - Week Two

Week Two: 1.7-1.13

Back home in the 303 and back to dealing with colder temps. Yay.

(still keeping up with the TIU daily. one day, I forget which, had all the squats and lunges and my ass hurt for like three days. it was awesome.)

1.7

We finished up our drive home this day which took a lot longer than expected thanks to super shitty weather at the tunnel, but we got home with enough daylight to go get in a steady two miles. I had some weird right leg discomfort (not my achilles but almost the sides of my lower leg?), but I'm pretty sure it was from sitting in the car and driving.

1.8

Swim and a ride on tap. The swim was simple - 15x100 - and the ride was 45 minutes on the trainer. Have to get used to my old friend Skippy again.

1.9

So one of the runs I'm having me do is an easy, harder, easy. Right now, it's three miles as first and third miles easy with the middle mile taken at a harder pace. All of it is including walking right now (bleh), but they look like 12:something, 10:something, 12:something for me right now. Or in the 13s for the easy miles because I was doing it with Brandon and it was cold. But still, success!

1.10

This was my long day of the week. 2000 in the pool (done as 40x50) and then 20 miles on the bike.

I bribed myself with Skratch every 5 50s which helped break up the swim nicely and I needed a lot less self-talk to get through it than last week.

The ride, since it was about 50 out, I did outside.

IMG_7722
Selfie from the Instagrams. Totally underdressed and I ended up chasing daylight, but it was awesome to get outside.

1.11

See how nice the weather was on the 10th? Well, the 11th was my long run day (4 miles) and the conditions were drastically different.

IMG_7797
Jumping post-run.

I was a little grumbly about it, but I ended up enjoying myself quite a bit. New HR ranges worked a lot better, too, I think.

1.12

Relatively easy day today - just a simple trainer ride. Pulled out some ol' Coach Troy Spinervals and did the recovery and technique set (Spinervals 23.0 Time Saver I Workout A). I'll be doing this off and on, as well as some more structured trainer work, as much as I may hate it.

1.13

Life in the gym. Pulled out pool toys for the first time in a while because I did drills for the first time in a while. Hoo boy were those a bit rough. Definitely evident I haven't done drill work in like six months. 

I also popped on the treadmill for two miles (which was either done in 20ish minutes or 22ish minutes, depending on whether you believe the indoor run setting on the Garmin or just go by what the treadmill says). Wanting to add in the tiniest bit of speed work and the treadmill is the easiest place to do so right now.

*****

Completed everything this week, which I'm very happy about. Fatigue hit at one point - oh god even microwaving leftovers is so much energy - but I know that's just me adapting to the load. Hopefully that will go away soon ...

Weekly Numbers:
Swim: 5300m, 2:04:59
Bike: 40.38 mi, 2:54
Run: 11.01 mi, 2:15:35
Strength: 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment