Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Race #13 of the Season: IMAZ Friends and Family 5K

First of all, if this post has glaring issues, I just got a new laptop and HOLY EFF is it finicky. Also Windows 10, which can suck a big one. Because it is TERRIBLE. So there's that.

I probably really shouldn't even count this one, because, much like the Avs 5K, it wasn't officially timed. However, the distance was at least close - 3.08 miles as opposed to the 2.7 or whatever the Avs race was. So I'll count it.

I talked Brandon into doing this one with me, as yay, fun. I also got to run into a SMASH teammate afterward (who KILLED her first Ironman the next day!), so that was nice.

I didn't have my camera on me, but I had my phone, so pictures were taken ... pretty much for the purpose of this blog.

imaz5k
Brandon hanging out pre-"race".

imaz5k2
Hooray!

The race itself was a little lollipop loop, running a bit of the actual IMAZ run course, crossing the actual finish line (although it was decorated for the Ironkids race that went off after us). I had flashbacks to that night in 2013, running along Tempe Town Lake and also up the hill, making that final turn. That really was such a special day.

imaz5k3
Stolen from Brandon's Insta story. Mid-race selfie over a bridge (that is not part of the IMAZ run course).

As for how the run *actually* went ... pretty well, surprisingly.

- I managed to run the first two miles without walking AND at sub-10 pace.
- Final mile was super rough (not surprising as, except for races, I haven't really been running over two-ish miles).
- It was three seconds faster than the Eerie Erie.

3.08 miles (okay, okay, 3.11) in 30:48, which is actually sub-10, so hooray! Progress! Maybe there is something to this MAF thing ...

imaz5k4
Post-race feels, with my "athlete gift" of a water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment