Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Race #11 of the Season: Eerie Erie 5K

... my next race in Project Race Back Into Run Fitness.

I didn't wear a costume for this one, however, even though it was closer to Halloween than the previous race. If it were a lot colder I was considering wearing my wetsuit (that would have been super awkward to run in ...), but it was actually kind of perfect running weather.

Brandon wasn't in town for this one, but Katie's Team Amazing Day peeps were there (as was Katie in a spectator capacity; all photos except the first selfie one are courtesy of her), so I did have a group of people to hang out with which was nice.

eerie_erie
Tbh I took this just so I had a photo for this blog post ...

Some of the faster people edged up toward the start line while I hung back with Thom (Katie's husband and birthday boy of the day) as I knew this wasn't going to be anything spectacular.

eerie_erie2
There's me behind Waldo. SMASH beanie/socks/race belt; Skirt skirt and tank (underneath my BU pullover).

First mile was downhill and fast - I was trying to keep it steady and it was still just over a 9 min mile. Oops. Didn't have to walk until after the first mile marker/aid station but from then on ... it was my usual run/walk slog. Mile two wasn't terrible but I started heating up and took my pullover off early into mile three. I saw Katie taking photos at the top of the hill toward the finish so I kind of tossed her the pullover.

eerie_erie3
Here I come!

eerie_erie4
#throwingthings

Overall, I did run about a minute faster than the previous week's race ... but how much of that is due to the course I have no idea.

Final Stats:
Time: 30:51
27/90 AG (F30-39)
74/284 gender
146/438 overall

The next race in the project is actually my first 2 miler on November 11th (it's either that or a 10K and I am not ready to run a 10K ...), so automatic PR. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment