Friday, November 3, 2017

October Round-Up

Also known as the continuation of the offseason ...

... kinda.

Onward!

Swimming: 2500m (1.55 mi)
Cycling: 16.43 mi 
Running: 14.41 mi
Lifting: 12 sessions (3:26)
Other: one yoga session (:16), two walks (1:25), one hike (:35), two curling sessions (3:45)

See? Glorious offseason. 

I think I swam and rode twice each. Obviously I intended on doing more, but clearly, nope. I ran a teensy bit (as given my recent race recaps) more than both of those. Mostly, I lifted. I am determined to make strength a focus again. I've backed off a bit on the TIU dailies ... because the amazing Erin Carson came out with an app over IM Kona and I'd totally rather do her strength work. The free trial period is ending I think by the end of the month, but I probably will pay the money for the programs because they are AWESOME. 

You may have also noticed that the curling numbers popped up ... Yeah, we officially joined the Denver Curling Club so Sundays are now officially curling days in our house. It's not something that will keep us in shape, but it will be a fun extra activity.

That being said, I have deemed October to be the last of the lazy offseason. (I'm still full in offseason mode in terms of distances/effort, mind you). I want to get back into regular swimming and cycling (even if it's just 20-30 minutes at a time). I am also adding in other random cardio, like the elliptical and the erg and possibly even the stepmill.

More importantly ... I'm actually attempting MAF with the run. I've figured out that 140 is where I need to be given the 180-age+other factors formula so, on all of my training runs, that's what I'm gonna do. It will be a lot more walking than usual and a lot slower paces (yay 14 min miles!!!), but I need to get my run back and I'm going to attempt to do it the proper way around this time.

I will still "race" my 5Ks/2miler, though.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment