Week two of IM training brought another decent week. Started with a race and went from there. There was one thing I would have changed, but I'll get to that.
Monday, May 27: Run: BolderBOULDER - 10K in 59:12 - 9:32/mi
- this hurt a lot
- gastro hell
- oh god this felt good
- Well, didn't get sub-59:00 in BB which was my goal, but I left everything out there. Also, my butt is still unhappy and has been since this AM. Not that I want to make excuses, but when the butt ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
Tuesday, May 28: Run: 3.18 mi in 29:59 - 9:25/mi
- Run CO pub run
- oh god this hurt
- wasn't as bad as i feared, but i think i'd still like to avoid running consecutive days in a row
- Run notes sum it up well. This hurt, but it was a good lesson to learn that if necessary, I can run back-to-back days. Still rather not, though.
Wednesday, May 29: Bike: 21.01 mi in 1:20:57; avg cad 68; 15.57 mph
- 29.4 mph max
- CCSP to Cherry Creek trail
- avoided the rain!
- Been raining off and on all day, so was hoping we didn't have to trainer it. Luckily, we hit a pocket of clear weather and only got sprinkled on a little. Legs were definitely a bit sore, but overall, good ride today.
Thursday, May 30: Lift: 30:00
- 3/20 ball crunches; 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/10/120 w.a. dips; 3/10/75 leg curl; 3/10 captain's chair; 3/10/5 lat db raises; 3/10/10 bosu goblet squats
- yay, "off day"
- gym a little more busy than I'd like
- Little bored with this today; heart not truly in this. That being said, glad I still got it in.
Friday, May 31: Swim: 1200m in 27:12.09 - 2:16/100m
- 2x100m, 800m, 2x100m
- shoulders a bit sore
- kind of forced the longer distance; didn't feel good until it was almost done
- Getting to the point where I'm generally a bit sore every day. Not debilitating by any means, just ... sore. I think this means I'm back in the swing of things ...
Saturday, June 1: Run: 5.41 mi in 48:55 - 9:02/mi
- MX12 treadmill set - intermediate
- stepped it up finally - woo!
- i needed this
- This workout was a little later than I would have liked, but hey, I got it in. Also bumped up the difficulty, which makes me happy.
Sunday, June 2: Swim: 900m in 19:56.34 - 2:12/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 200m, 100m
- this felt slow
Bike: 22.47 mi in 1:23:53; avg cad 84; 16.07 mph
- 27.5 mph max
- Spinervals 22.0 - Timetrialpalooza
- wanted to vomit at one point
- legs took a long while to get going
- Long, solid day. Regret waiting until so late in the afternoon, though, because now I seriously don't want to cook. Also, dead.
Mileage-wise, this was a bigger week, but time-wise, it was just under last week which in theory, should not have happened since IM plans are typically a three-week build and then a one week rest. Therefore, this week should have been bigger than last. Since we know this, we're going to make sure this upcoming week is bigger than both weeks.
Weekly training time: 6:40:04
Weekly training mileage: 59.57 mi
Yearly training time: 87:27:54
Yearly training mileage: 596.40 mi