Monday, June 10, 2013

3 weeks in and all is well

We're 3 weeks into IM training.  Things are good.

While the numbers are not huge in terms of volume yet, we're not looking for giant numbers at this time.  Consistency is key.  We need to be hitting our workout goals but not be worried about putting in the volume yet.  Trust me, that will come.  I promise you.  For now, the base needs to be built, and we have 3 weeks left in that before our 20 week plan kicks in.

Over these last 3 weeks, I have yet to miss a scheduled workout.  I have only shifted things around once or twice, and still have haven't missed anything.  Consistency.

The big thing I'm noticing is my attitude shift.  Normally, I'd be patting myself on the back, taking some rest, and probably rewarding myself.  No, not this time around.  I'm proud of what I've done so far, but there is a long long long way to go.  Complacency will crush you in this game.  

Stay tuned; our first tri of the season is coming up this weekend. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment