Week twenty-one is also week one of IMAZ training. Nice how that worked.
Monday, May 20: Bike: 23.23 mi in 1:22:52; avg cad 85; 16.82 mph
- 27.0 mph max
- Spinervals 22.0 - Timetrialpalooza
- went so much better than yesterday
- my heart rate recovers freakishly fast
- 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/15/10 med ball twists; 3/20 swiss ball crunches; 1,2/10/60,70 lat pulldowns; 3/10/10 incline db flies; 3/10/10 bicep curls; 3/10/5 front db raises; 3/10/30 tricep pressdowns
- no legs today
- Very solid first day of IM training. So weird how the ride today went better than yesterday. Best of all? Stuck to today's plan perfectly!
Tuesday, May 21: Run: 2.9 mi in 27:07.15 - 9:20/mi
- Run CO pub run
- conversational; hills were the main issues
- this was ... dare i say ... easy??
Stretching: ~12 min
- self explanatory
- feels goooood
- Didn't feel like doing actual yoga, but some good old-fashioned stretching. Felt REALLY good. Run was surprisingly speedy as we kept that one feeling "easy." Pace just means PROGRESS! Woo!
Wednesday, May 22: Lift: 27:00
- 3/10/90 angled leg press; 3/10/50 low rows; 3/10/10 goblet squats; 3/10/5 lat db raises; 3/10/10 back extensions; 3/10/10 tricep extensions; 3/10/120 standing calf; 3/20 ball crunches
- OMG two lifts in a week?
- legs this time around. yay.
Swim: 1200m in 27:26.57 - 2:17/100m
- 2x100m, 800m, 2x100m
- got into the zone - felt AWESOME - barely noticed when Brandon switched lanes
- Three days in and 3-for-3. Definitely had a mindset shift and I am so thankful for it ...
Thursday, May 23: Run: 7.48 mi in 1:16:47 - 10:16/mi
- out and back
- felt surprisingly awesome
- about two miles to get the legs feeling better
- The run hurt, but it felt awesome all the same. I felt like I could keep running forever. After it was done, I was kind of disappointed that it was all we had planned ... until making recovery food and it hurt to move. Oops. Still, YAY RUN!
Friday, May 24: Stretching: 10:00
- oh the tightness
- Okay, so this was my scheduled off day, but the stretching I did Tuesday felt so good, I wanted to do more. Plus, it's easy enough that I don't consider that I did anything. The essential day off was nice, though.
Saturday, May 25: Run: 4.43 mi in 40:35 - 9:09/mi
- MX12 treadmill set - beginner
- felt awesome - ready to bump it up i think
- I am so glad this went as well as it did. I have been dreading this for some unknown reason ... and was today, so I thought back to a convo I had with Lindsey - remind yourself that you love it, and do it. So I did, and it was AWESOME.
Sunday, May 26: Swim: 900m in 19:10.91 - 2:07/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 200m, 100m
- used Brandon as a pacer to push it a bit
Bike: 14.84 mi in 1:01:12; avg cad 69; 14.55 mph
- 33.5 mph max
- CCSP loop plus a bit more
- easy spin
- Ride was slow, but since I scheduled us an easy spin, I'm not going to complain. 7-for-7 on this week's workouts - makes for a good start to IMAZ training.
On a side note, I find it funny how I go three straight weeks of running no more than 3 miles and then do almost 15 and my legs are fine. Shouldn't that not happen? I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination, though ...
Weekly training time: 6:44:11
Weekly training mileage: 49.75 mi
Yearly training time: 80:47:50
Yearly training mileage: 536.83 mi