Friday, May 17, 2013

Week Nineteen: 5/6-5/12

Monday, May 6: Off: scheduled
- Well, I had thought of swim/lifting, but Brandon said this day worked out best as his off day. Therefore, I decided to go with it.

Tuesday, May 7: Bike: 12.07 mi in 45:14; avg cad 66, 16.01 mph
- 33.6 mph max
- CCSP loop
- handling the speed a little better
Run: 2.9 mi in 26:11.41 - 9:01/mi
- Run CO pub run
- humid, more of a struggle this week for sure
- Solid day. Run was a bit harder this week than last, but I still got some nice speed out of my legs. Knowing I did that after a ride earlier in the day gives me some hope for tri season ... as well as the knowledge that I still have a ways to go.

Wednesday, May 8: Swim: 900m in 20:36.13 - 2:17/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 150m, 50m, 100m
- lost count due to mucus
- sore shoulders
- Sore shoulders were interesting - due to the ride? Swimming more frequently? Haven't quite gotten my groove back, but I'm getting glimpses. Hoped to get in a lift, too, but prior commitments, time and shitty weather/traffic conspired against that.

Thursday, May 9: Off: tired
- 4.5, 5 hours of sleep last night means I am tiiiiiiiired today. And this is a ridiculous exhaustion. So no treadmill for me today. Back on the horse (bike) tomorrow ...

Friday, May 10: Off: utter exhaustion
- I got home and napped for 4.5 hours. I may have needed that ... Getting a combined 9.5 hours over two nights is not beneficial for training or recovery.

Saturday, May 11: Bike: 11.37 mi in 40:04; avg cad 86; 17.03 mph
- 27.0 mph max
- part of the Spinervals Tempe Training Ride
- ugh
- Not exactly all I wanted to get in, but I'm glad I spun the legs.

Sunday, May 12: Swim: 900m in 20:14.12 - 2:15/100m
- 100m, 200m, 300m, 200m, 100m
- a bit nauseous during this
- Really hoped to get in a treadmill run, too, but lack of food killed me. I felt like crap on a cracker and it took a few hours to get me feeling better again and by that point, too late to run.

Weekly training time: 2:32:19
Weekly training mileage: 27.46 mi
Yearly training time: 63:16:42
Yearly training mileage: 468.77 mi

1 comment:

  1. From: Darin Armstrong #TeamLIVESTRONG

    Hello Theresa & Brandon,
    Just a quick email to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘ANYTIME’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…Over 41K folks at your access.)

    All the very best for the rest of 2013 & beyond Theresa & Brandon. Look forward to hearing from both of you & hopefully doing #RT support & #FF mentions for you in the near future...

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete